Forum posts gives a feeling of the poster

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
It is interesting how much the forum posts explains how the poster is as a person. Maybe I have studied people;s behavior too much during my life working in different countries/cultures but I find this quite fascinating.

You can see which poster comes across as polite and open for other opinions and the ones who are not in general. As well as some posters comes across as a bit too mean.

You can also notice the ones who seem to be missing something in life and the need to emphasize that they have a happy life even though you can clearly read from their posts that there is some hatred behind the words. I do hope that the root-cause gets solved because I am not sure posting in the forums will achieve that by itself.

You can definitely notice the ones who feel the need to inform other people how well-educated their partner but still does not control his/her bank account. Quite interesting I have to say.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when I read some posts this forum probably contains the most beautiful people in the world. Especially posters over 60 year of age seems to pass pencil tests and what ever tests there are with flying colors. By the way I will gladly volunteer as a judge in a DR1 model contest and even sponsor the event to make sure it would be a evening to remember :).

The way people express themselves in the forum is definitely influenced by a number of factors. Gender being one (why I posted in this forum). Culture another one and country a third one and it does not stop with those 3.

A post or a reply to a post is not the end of the world even if it contain some irony. We might learn something from it.

MM

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... when you get to 501 posts and have access to the Off-Topic forum you will awake to a whole new world/culture.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I bet if all the posters met over a few drinks (some of us couldn't stop at a few) you'd see we are all pretty much likeable - even some who I see fighting on the forums I still find interesting.
It's all in fun and keeps us up to date on local events and entertained - I especially enjoy some of the posts from Frank, Gorgon, DRstock, Windeguy and Cobraboy - I really like Cobraboy's Haitian trip videos.

The banter keeps us on our toes and maybe from becoming old curmudgeons before our time ?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I bet if all the posters met over a few drinks (some of us couldn't stop at a few) you'd see we are all pretty much likeable - even some who I see fighting on the forums I still find interesting.
It's all in fun and keeps us up to date on local events and entertained - I especially enjoy some of the posts from Frank, Gorgon, DRstock, Windeguy and Cobraboy - I really like Cobraboy's Haitian trip videos.

The banter keeps us on our toes and maybe from becoming old curmudgeons before our time ?

or, maybe the banter exists because we are old curmudgeons..

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
This neither Mars/Venus material or any DR related content but the OP's views are very interesting.

I the meantime, I am moving to General Stuff.