Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tourist card cost to be incorporated into airline ticket price

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tourist card cost to be incorporated into airline ticket price

interesting news today:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...ereo-KC8712194

the 10 dollar cost of tourist card is to be incorporated into the price of the airline ticket.

pay special attention to this:
    Indica que los visitantes que por disposiciones previstas en convenios sobre la base de reciprocidad no estén sujetos al pago de la tarjeta de turismo, tendrán derecho al reembolso del valor pagado por este concepto, el cual deberá requerirse ante las oficinas de la Dirección General de Impuestos Internos (DGII).

now i wonder... if the tourist card cost in a part of airfare then the residents and dominicans will be equally subjected to this with the right to ask DGII for reimbursement? well well...

North Coast Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    interesting news today:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...ereo-KC8712194

the 10 dollar cost of tourist card is to be incorporated into the price of the airline ticket.

pay special attention to this:
    Indica que los visitantes que por disposiciones previstas en convenios sobre la base de reciprocidad no estén sujetos al pago de la tarjeta de turismo, tendrán derecho al reembolso del valor pagado por este concepto, el cual deberá requerirse ante las oficinas de la Dirección General de Impuestos Internos (DGII).

now i wonder... if the tourist card cost in a part of airfare then the residents and dominicans will be equally subjected to this with the right to ask DGII for reimbursement? well well...
    Im wondering if they now will charge even Dominicans with the 10.00 US$, when I book a flight to visit Canada westjet charge the 10.00 Dollars avoiding the fact that Im Dominican and I dont have to pay and give every body the turist card in flights to Dominican Republic. Hope now this situation can be solved or will be oficial scam from Dominicans.

3. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Im wondering if they now will charge even Dominicans with the 10.00 US$, when I book a flight to visit Canada westjet charge the 10.00 Dollars avoiding the fact that Im Dominican and I dont have to pay and give every body the turist card in flights to Dominican Republic. Hope now this situation can be solved or will be oficial scam from Dominicans.
    No need to worry. From now on there will be a stack of $10 USD bills waiting to be handed out to Dominicans and legal residents when they go to stamp your passport. Quite possibly upon request you may be able to receive pesos instead of USD.

What a scam this will be for the DR because who really reads the fine print of the itemized plane ticket cost?

5. Likes drstock, cbmitch9, Buzzard, beachcomber liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    No need to worry. From now on there will be a stack of $10 USD bills waiting to be handed out to Dominicans and legal residents when they go to stamp your passport. Quite possibly upon request you may be able to receive pesos instead of USD.

What a scam this will be for the DR because who really reads the fine print of the itemized plane ticket cost?
    Thats why Im scared, Next time i travel if i receive that charge I will make a complain.

7. Likes windeguy, bigbird liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That should be in the Clown Bin.

As for the OP, yet another screwed up thing to add to confusion and increase the ticket price.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be thankful if they don't add the $10 to each leg of the flight ...

10. Likes Riva_31, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Just be thankful if they don't add the $10 to each leg of the flight ...
    Let's not forget for a tourist it is $10 USD arriving and for EVERYONE it is $20 USD to leave...............

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget for a tourist it is $10 USD arriving and for EVERYONE it is $20 USD to leave...............
    and many more plus until reach almost 50% of the value of the tickets, and sometimes more than 50% when you get special offer over a regular price.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - WestJet includes the $10 in the ticket.

No- I have never seen how to refund that money ....
    gone like snow in July

Be careful you travelers...
    when every passenger already has the card - the line fills up faster.!!

Normally, I jump the tourist card line to be early at the wicket on US flights
    Cdn flights - we all go to the wicket together.

There should be a Citizens/Residents line.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have to pay USD20 per month on time of leaving DR. For 4 months x US20.
    Is it the MUST?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast