Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: tourist card cost to be incorporated into airline ticket price

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think generally this is better, less queue on arrivals and also I bet a lot these $10 bills found legs and walked out of government coffers, this way they get paid into their account directly via airlines, many are already doing that for $20 exit fee.

As for DR residents, think of it as a tax so your dear government will build all those hospitals, schools, roads and bridges for you that promises.... lol

2. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    I believe it was your term "Horsepucky" that was used earlier within this thread, albeit in an incorrect manner which you later apologized for. It may be time once again to rewind the tape as you are clearly confused between the terms arrival and departure. You seem to have had a rough time upon a recent departure, but this topic is directed specifically in regards to arrivals, and the new procedures that are planned regarding them. Are you slightly addled?
    No, senor. While slightly aged, definitely NOT addled. May I suggest that you yourself refer back to the topic which relates to the tourist card which is used for both arrival and departure.
    While I'm generally a well-mannered, easy-going fella, you may want to bugger off while you can.

Post Thanks / Like

The same US20 if you stay 2 weeks or 4 months????

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by henry28 View Post
    The same US20 if you stay 2 weeks or 4 months????

1.  It costs $10 for a tourist to enter

2. It costs EVERYONE $20 departure tax to leave. For most, it’s already in your ticket price.  

3.  If a tourist stays over 30 days, they are technically illegal, and must pay a fine at airport immigration area upon leaving.  Fines begin at 2500 pesos at day 31, and go up from there

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

The departure tax is always $20 USD regardless of how long you stay and is usually included in your airline ticket price. Some travel companies and charter airlines do not collect this tax so it needs to be paid at the gate before your flight. If you need to pay there will be an announcement made.

The overstay fees/fines for those who have stayed in country longer than 30 days are a different tax and those if applicable are paid before you are allowed to clear immigration.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Now if they could stop hitting you up for $10 the minute you land in the DR.  Some welcome!
    Thought this was about exit but realized this may be what the thread is about.  Can't delete so may moderator can.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Entry $10 is the theme here..... we have wandered a bit

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just booked Sunwing last night from Canada to PUJ for travel in January 2018, I specifically asked Sunwing WHY we still have to pay the $10 in and the $20 out as there was "supposed" to be a new rule/law in the D.R. ... she had no clue.

Sunwing/Signature has never included the entry and exit fee in their airline or package prices.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be that it will be included in all tickets Sold after 1/1. I might also guess that charter type airlines still will do it different just as with the Departure Tax. Just my opinion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567