Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: tourist card cost to be incorporated into airline ticket price

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Diario Libre article, as translated using Google Translate.....

SANTO DOMINGO. The Directorate General of Internal Taxes (DGII) announced that the entry into force of the payment of the tourism card through air and sea tickets was postponed until April 1, 2018.
    In a press release, the tax authority pointed out that the "coordination that is required to be carried out between related state entities, the international organizations that have an impact on the matter, as well as the companies dedicated to the international transport of passengers by air and sea, will imply having a period of 90 calendar days to carry out the necessary technological and operational adjustments for the effective implementation of the payment mechanism ".
    The entry into force of the measure was scheduled for this Monday, January 1, 2018. Currently the payment of the tourist card is made at the entrance to the Dominican Republic, at a box office prior to airport or port migration.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Life in the RD.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrived Jan 5 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    The Diario Libre article, as translated using Google Translate.....

SANTO DOMINGO. The Directorate General of Internal Taxes (DGII) announced that the entry into force of the payment of the tourism card through air and sea tickets was postponed until April 1, 2018.
    In a press release, the tax authority pointed out that the "coordination that is required to be carried out between related state entities, the international organizations that have an impact on the matter, as well as the companies dedicated to the international transport of passengers by air and sea, will imply having a period of 90 calendar days to carry out the necessary technological and operational adjustments for the effective implementation of the payment mechanism ".
    The entry into force of the measure was scheduled for this Monday, January 1, 2018. Currently the payment of the tourist card is made at the entrance to the Dominican Republic, at a box office prior to airport or port migration.
    I just arrived last week with Air Canada and was not given a tourist card. I think it was to due to a last minute plane substitute in Toronto (YYZ) When we hit customs they were expecting tourist cards from us and held us for about 20 minutes (11:00 pm) trying to figure out what to do with us. Mean while nobody from Aircanada Crew or airport came to our rescue. They closed the cabin door until we left as far as I could figure out. So we have about 150 Canadians looking for US cash ($10) to pay for the tourist card. Some of us had US but were held up by people not understanding and having to go back to get money exchanged. The whole issue took us about one hour to complete. I did send a letter of disappointment off to AC over their lack of concern.

As for exit fees the following is on my return ticket
    Airport Authority Fee - Dominican Republic 19.06
    Airport Infrastructure Fee - Dominican Republic 20.71
    Airport Departure Tax - Dominican Republic 25.41
    Transportation Tax - Dominican Republic 36.54

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678