Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delancer Cable/Atlantico - Fiber Optic Service

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just makes you realise what a screwed up world we live in, when you can't watch digital content that you've paid for because you're in a different country.

So much for globalisation.  And Amazon are one of the worst at controlling their digital media.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a good VPN and laugh at these scumbags............................

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Delancer can deliver a US IP as they claim, it's not just a question of activating it with a few clicks of the keyboard like before. The difference this time around unlike the old system, this is not going to be a shared IP for use by all Delancer users, it is a routeable IP address specific to each individual account. I suspect there is some coordination required with Comcast and that could possibly be part of the delay. That's why there is a charge for this service now - according to the the highly trained customer service professionals that live in the Delancer backroom.

I was kind of hoping that someone on Delancer fiber would have said that they requested and received a US address before page three of this thread. I remain hopeful. Otherwise, as Sky suggests, I'll have to address the issue myself.

I'm not aware of any other DR provider offering a US IP.
    Last edited by Cdn_Gringo; 12-07-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com  $40 dollars a year.  Easy to use.

5. Likes SKY liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anng3 View Post
    I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com  $40 dollars a year.  Easy to use.

This is the same company I recommended in another thread. Excellent..........

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    This is the same company I recommended in another thread. Excellent..........

They are good. For Macs can be a little buggy but still use it.  Once on my iphone couldn't get it to update or do something I wanted, lost all my itunes music only to find when I took it to an Apple store all it was, was PIA.  But in life very little is perfect. And especially in Europe certain online stores will not let you go to their US sites without a VPN.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough, with my current Dominican IP (now waiting four days for my US one) I have noticed that Netflix content is actually more interesting than with an American one.

There are American TV series on Netflix which are usually on paid American networks, such as the new Star Trek Discovery series.  In the States, you would have to subscribe to CBS.  Also shows like Vikings, Black Sails and a few British shows are on my Netflix selection that didn't appear when I had an American IP.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Just makes you realise what a screwed up world we live in, when you can't watch digital content that you've paid for because you're in a different country.

So much for globalisation.  And Amazon are one of the worst at controlling their digital media.
    Although I too stand in agreement with the sentiments regarding the blocking of international digital content, it incenses me more, to no end, that in this year 2017, it is highly burdensome to find a service which contains a viewable program guide and the ability to record such programs. This has been standard operating equipment within the industry for years now. Simply preposterous.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Swing....and a miss.

It may now be more prudent to replace my hopeful outlook for an easy and speedy resolution to the US IP snafu with a pessimistic one.

Delancer assures me that the changes have been entered into their computer and it is supposed to work. They will be sending a technician out to have a look they say despite my indicating that unless the router is faulty, there won't be anything a tech guy can do to solve this. It's Friday and they just wanted me gone. I' will be surprised if anyone shows up.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is quite the stalemate. I figured it would be resolved at high noon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast