Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Peso Losing Value Against Dollar

  1. #11
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So if the peso is worth less compared to other countries currencies it is thus stronger?

    Tell that one to Venezuela............

  2. #12
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    So if the peso is worth less compared to other countries currencies it is thus stronger?

    Tell that one to Venezuela............
    No. It is weaker.

    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

  3. #13
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    No. It is weaker.

    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2


    Make up your mind please. Before it was stronger and now it is weaker.

  4. #14
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Make up your mind please. Before it was stronger and now it is weaker.
    Please cite the paragraph where I said the peso would be stronger after a US rate rise.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

  5. #15
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Please cite the paragraph where I said the peso would be stronger after a US rate rise.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2


    No, you said after the peso rises it is stronger.



    As a broad general rule but not always, when a country increases its rates, it strengthens its currency i.e., it gets more expensive to buy USD in other countries, weakening theirs, particularly in LDC's (lesser developed countries). Reasons for rate raises vary from curbing inflation to attracting more foreign investment, etc

  6. #16
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    No, you said after the peso rises it is stronger.



    As a broad general rule but not always, when a country increases its rates, it strengthens its currency i.e., it gets more expensive to buy USD in other countries, weakening theirs, particularly in LDC's (lesser developed countries). Reasons for rate raises vary from curbing inflation to attracting more foreign investment, etc
    Exactly what I said;

    As a broad general rule but not always, when a country increases its rates, it strengthens its currency i.e., it gets more expensive to buy USD in other countries, weakening theirs, particularly in LDC's (lesser developed countries). Reasons for rate raises vary from curbing inflation to attracting more foreign investment, etc.

    Increasing rates refers to what the US is currently doing..........which will strengthen its currency.

    "weakening theirs" refers in this case to the DR.

    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •