Texas Bill

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Hi, everyone. I have not been here for a while, but it's good to be back. I was just chatting on FB with one of Bill's son. He told me that Texas Bill had past away. I'm very sorry to hear this.
It's good to be home. I'm back.

Thank you !!

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Texas Bill.....RIP.....had some provocative post's but always interesting and challenging...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ZEUS, welcome back. Can you PM me the FB contact for Bill's son? If he was one of the Dominican ones that he adopted from the woman in Cotui, he is one lucky guy.

Bill was a truly unique character: he was a flyer for the USAAF during WWII, wildcatter and very smart cookie. He was one of those guys that "had been there and done that" over a long long period of time.

May God find a good place for him up there..

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ZEUS, welcome back. Can you PM me the FB contact for Bill's son? If he was one of the Dominican ones that he adopted from the woman in Cotui, he is one lucky guy.

Bill was a truly unique character: he was a flyer for the USAAF during WWII, wildcatter and very smart cookie. He was one of those guys that "had been there and done that" over a long long period of time.

HB

he was a wonderful spirit. RIP, Bill. if there really is an afterlife , you are top of the list of people i want to meet.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Hi, everyone. I have not been here for a while, but it's good to be back. I was just chatting on FB with one of Bill's son. He told me that Texas Bill had past away. I'm very sorry to hear this.
It's good to be home. I'm back.

Thank you !!

welcome back

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Texas Bill, real nice guy, true genuine character, meet him a few times back in the day.

RIP!

May 5, 2007

HB
I believe he worked for North American Aviation, had some great stories about flying the P51 Mustang and then the F86 Sabre, couple planes any pilot would give their left nu* to fly

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Written by someone, while Texas Bill was still around

08-01-2007, 04:06 PM #1

Candidato

Candidato is offline *** Sin Bin ***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ode to Texas Bill

The Heights' rat-packer who never suffered fools gladly
The Katy prairie man-o-war
Yes, you, you giant of a man
You bring your wisdom to our land

After years at Rosa's cantina
Where you drained (or not) that whiskey river
On your way to San Antone
And back to watch the Tyler Rose

Your wide eyes often feasted
On the LaGrange bluebonnets
Your palate plenty-pleased