Quaint reasonable hotels on SD beach?

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
Thanks everyone for all of your advice on my last question. It helped so much. Because my flight arrives at Las Americas Airport at 1:00 a.m., I'm searching for a good hotel on the beach in SD which doesn't charge American prices. I actually prefer smaller hotels, but of course, clean with good service. I will also need airport pick up services. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
You have one problem. There is no beach in Santo Domingo. The nearest one is in Boca Chica. Which is about 45min to an hour drive east of the capital and 10 min east of the airport!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Juan Dolio is close by also!

Quaint....not too expensive....good service.....clean!
Take a look in the Media Gallery at Hotel Flor di Loto!
If you like what you see the phone Number is 1-809-526-1146 Ask for Mara. She can arrange transport for you.
I think rates are $25US per day but may be cheaper depending on your length of stay.
She has 21 guest rooms...,gynmasium,yoga classes,etc. -close to beach,airport,SD and SanPedro.
email address is hfdiloto@codetel.net.do and tell her the "Maetra di baille barriga" or Belly dance teacher sent you......she'll know who you mean!
Have fun and enjoy your stay

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
Help.

MommC, I can't seem to find the photos of the hotel you suggested. Maybe, I don't know how to use the media gallery. Perhaps you could let me know how to use it. Thanks so much.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hi....

The pic is on the same page as the "Bye,Bye Bar Boulevard" ....no title....big white building......
It is in the section that has the member photos taken around the island.

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
Re: Juan Dolio is close by also!

MommC said:
Quaint....not too expensive....good service.....clean!
Take a look in the Media Gallery at Hotel Flor di Loto!
If you like what you see the phone Number is 1-809-526-1146 Ask for Mara. She can arrange transport for you.
I think rates are $25US per day but may be cheaper depending on your length of stay.
She has 21 guest rooms...,gynmasium,yoga classes,etc. -close to beach,airport,SD and SanPedro.
email address is hfdiloto@codetel.net.do and tell her the "Maetra di baille barriga" or Belly dance teacher sent you......she'll know who you mean!
Have fun and enjoy your stay

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
I have arrived!

Thank you MommC. I'm here now and you are so right. Great Hotel!! Thanks so much.
Kim

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Great!

Tell Mara I've been real busy but I'll try to get down tomorrow to bring back her magazine......after golf tho'!
Have fun and enjoy your stay!

PS You might want to read the thread in the "open" forun entitled "How NOT to get Taken in the DR.