RIP Aldo Riggio

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's with immense sadness I announce the death of one of my best friends, Aldo Riggio, 55, of Santiago.

Aldo was a citizen of three countries: the DR, Italy & the U.S. Aldo was a veterinarian by profession, maybe the best in Santiago. He was a nationally recognized breeder of excellent Yorkies. He had a large clinic in Miami for years before moving back to Santiago after the death of his father. Aldo was also a entrepreneur, one of my riding buddies and a no-nonsense guy with a rapier wit.

Aldo's grandfather was one of the founders of the Aguilas del Cibao. Aldo served as a Director of the team, and his daughter was once the teams "madrina." He was the proprietor of La Lena, a VIP restaurant on the third base line at Aguilas games.

He died two weeks after bariatric surgery. Early cause is thought to be a thrombosis that reached his heart.

Very sad day for many in Santiago. The funeral will be Saturday.

DRC3JV_X4AAflky.jpg

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
So sorry to read about the passing of your friend, may he rest in peace.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What kind of bike did he ride? I might have met him once here on the north coast. Was it a red BMW?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes so sorry to hear this. My spouse knew him and his family. RIP

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It's with immense sadness I announce the death of one of my best friends, Aldo Riggio, 55, of Santiago.

Aldo was a citizen of three countries: the DR, Italy & the U.S. Aldo was a veterinarian by profession, maybe the best in Santiago. He was a nationally recognized breeder of excellent Yorkies. He had a large clinic in Miami for years before moving back to Santiago after the death of his father. Aldo was also a entrepreneur, one of my riding buddies and a no-nonsense guy with a rapier wit.

Aldo's grandfather was one of the founders of the Aguilas del Cibao. Aldo served as a Director of the team, and his daughter was once the teams "madrina." He was the proprietor of La Lena, a VIP restaurant on the third base line at Aguilas games.

He died two weeks after bariatric surgery. Early cause is thought to be a thrombosis that reached his heart.

Very sad day for many in Santiago. The funeral will be Saturday.

DRC3JV_X4AAflky.jpg

Godspeed Aldo,

Am I ever glad I didn't go with the bariatric procedure.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I popped into a colmado and saw an ad for Banco Popular on TV.

The theme was something like "What would like to do if you could?"

There was a great video of large humans on large motorcycles in various spectacular places in the DR.

One quick clip showed someone who looked like Aldo Riggio, with his helmet off.

Another clip showed a bunch of motorcycles coming around a traffic circle in a dramatic drone view.

For those af you in Old Blighty traffic circle = Roundabout

For those of you in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts traffic circle = Rotary (does it mean that anywhere else?)

Another clip showed a very large human with a Darth Vaderish helmet and a jacket that looked just like a jacket cobraboy was wearing in several of his Camp Moto videos.

Are there two really, really big, I mean bigger than the Grand Canyon people with the same jacket in the DR?

(hat tip to frank12; I'm trying to write like him)