HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Gigantes del Cibao @ Aguilas Cibaeñas at 8pm.

These teams are tied for first place by 2 games with 2 games remaining.

Whoever wins tonight is guaranteed, at worse, a tie for 1st for the season.

The final regular season game is Thursday night.

Playoffs start in after Christmas, but the schedule has not been announced.

LIDOM Standings

Go Aguilas!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What makes this such a HUGE game as both teams will make it to the playoffs in January, which is what really counts.

Sep 4, 2012
The only country with an "Aguilas Cibaenas" team, when there are no endemic Eagles across it. Either way, I hate "las Aguilas Cibaenas" TILL THE BOTTOM OF THE NINE!

Go Estrellas.....

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The only country with an "Aguilas Cibaenas" team, when there are no endemic Eagles across it. Either way, I hate "las Aguilas Cibaenas" TILL THE BOTTOM OF THE NINE!

Go Estrellas.....

You trying to start something here? All the....when the Aguilas are winning come out the woodwork fans will be all over that post. LOL

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Aguilas are like the old Brooklyn Dodgers, or the old Pirates....

In reality, they built a dynasty together with the Pirates in the 60s and 70s. As with the Atlanta Braves. We had Gene Garber, Steve Blass, Rick Waits, Gene Tenace (Oakland), Dave Parker, George Foster, Sad Sam Jones, Dick Stuart...and Manny Sanguillen of course...

And a long, long list of Dominican big-leaguers...like Tony Peña, Manny Ramirez, José Lima, Miguel Diloné, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colón etc etc etc.

The rivalry with Licey dates back to the early 50s and is sort of Country vs. City.

It was sometimes interpreted as Anti-Trujillo vs Trujillo (but NEVER in the open).

The importance of tonight's game is that whoever wins the head to head matchup and is tied in first place, will get to play the 4th place team, I believe, and also--very important--have first choice in the drafting of players from the non-qualifying teams...a major step to shoring up weak spots in the lineup..

It will be a good game I hope..

Regards,

HB, who was at the first game played in Santiago after the death of Trujillo.....nuf said.

Sep 4, 2012
You trying to start something here? All the....when the Aguilas are winning come out the woodwork fans will be all over that post. LOL

Am telling you, stupid team is destined no mater what. I've had my share of suffering over the years con los Cibaenos.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Lets go Eagles. Maybe I well head over there tomorrow night. Was hoping to be here for the playoffs but work called. 

May 5, 2007
The Aguilas are like the old Brooklyn Dodgers, or the old Pirates....

In reality, they built a dynasty together with the Pirates in the 60s and 70s. As with the Atlanta Braves. We had Gene Garber, Steve Blass, Rick Waits, Gene Tenace (Oakland), Dave Parker, George Foster, Sad Sam Jones, Dick Stuart...and Manny Sanguillen of course...

And a long, long list of Dominican big-leaguers...like Tony Peña, Manny Ramirez, José Lima, Miguel Diloné, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colón etc etc etc.

The rivalry with Licey dates back to the early 50s and is sort of Country vs. City.

It was sometimes interpreted as Anti-Trujillo vs Trujillo (but NEVER in the open).

The importance of tonight's game is that whoever wins the head to head matchup and is tied in first place, will get to play the 4th place team, I believe, and also--very important--have first choice in the drafting of players from the non-qualifying teams...a major step to shoring up weak spots in the lineup..

It will be a good game I hope..

Regards,

HB, who was at the first game played in Santiago after the death of Trujillo.....nuf said.

Damm, you have been in DR for a short time Heard a rumor you arrived when they were flying Hiller Ravens? Had to have guts to be in one of those

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Well , since this is the last regular season home game . I am going to brave all things Dominican and drive to Santiago , buy tickets get a room sight see and see the game . Go Aguilas !!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well , since this is the last regular season home game . I am going to brave all things Dominican and drive to Santiago , buy tickets get a room sight see and see the game . Go Aguilas !!!

Good luck, you will most likely end up buying tickets from the scalpers. Please take a copy of the stadium seating with you as the scalpers are prone to say the seats are in a section they actually aren't.

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Good luck, you will most likely end up buying tickets from the scalpers. Please take a copy of the stadium seating with you as the scalpers are prone to say the seats are in a section they actually aren't.

Thanks , I have it with me .

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aguilas lost on a Paulino home run, 4-2!

Tonight's game against the Leones del Escogido could be important, cause if we win and the Gigantes lose in San Pedro, there is a tie in first place, and maybe a playoff game to decide the pecking order in the player draft for the Round Robin.

FYI, Island Dreaming: When I first came here, they flew (more or less) British Mosquito jets (twin boom, single jet, cloth covered wings!! A Norwegian pilot friend said that he had flown them in Europe, but would not get into one here. They also had about a dozen beautiful P-51s. Some were used for parts, but the sound of them doing barrel rolls and screaming dives will live forever in my mind....I heard that the last two of them were sold to one of the Hemingway gals..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Things awfully quiet in the Aguilas Cibaeñas camp. :)

From dr1 news:

Escogido defeats Licey in Santo Domingo

It was a good evening for Escogido Lions fans. Despite putting men on base several times, the Licey Tigers were not able to defeat the Lions during the Monday, 8 January 2018 game at the Quisqueya Ball Park in Santo Domingo. Nevertheless, the defending champions, the Tigres del Licey continue in the lead of the Dominican Winter Professional Baseball Championship, with the standings: Licey 7-2, Escogido 5-4, Aguilas 4-5 and Gigantes 2-7.

The round robin games continue with no days off through Thursday, 18 January 2018, by when the playoff teams need to be decided.

http://estadisticas.lidom.com/Estadisticas/Inicio
http://www.lidom.com/home/calendario/

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Starting to get quite interesting. Aguilas are moving up..........

Semifinals as of January 11

2ykalb8.jpg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Great semi-final series!

And now the best-of-seven championship series with the two most followed teams, Licey & the Aguilas!

For those who don't have a local television service (like us) you can buy the streaming package for US$13 here: DRSports Live Streaming. A can attest that of you have the bandwidth, the quality is solid. The original broadcast is streamed.

First game Tuesday 1/23, and goes seven consecutive nights.

WE may try to take in a game in Santiago.