Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    MODS, any chance this thread can get moved to the Dominican Baseball Forum?

Moved.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

2. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    Am telling you, stupid team is destined no mater what. I've had my share of suffering over the years con los Cibaenos.

Are the Aguilas the Arsenal of the DR?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , since this is the last regular season home game . I am going to brave all things Dominican and drive to Santiago , buy tickets get a room sight see and see the game . Go Aguilas !!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retire View Post
    Well , since this is the last regular season home game . I am going to brave all things Dominican and drive to Santiago , buy tickets get a room sight see and see the game . Go Aguilas !!!
    Good luck, you will most likely end up buying tickets from the scalpers. Please take a copy of the stadium seating with you as the scalpers are prone to say the seats are in a section they actually aren't.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Good luck, you will most likely end up buying tickets from the scalpers. Please take a copy of the stadium seating with you as the scalpers are prone to say the seats are in a section they actually aren't.
    Thanks , I have it with me .

Post Thanks / Like

Aguilas lost on a Paulino home run, 4-2!

Tonight's game against the Leones del Escogido could be important, cause if we win and the Gigantes lose in San Pedro, there is a tie in first place, and maybe a playoff game to decide the pecking order in the player draft for the Round Robin.

FYI, Island Dreaming: When I first came here, they flew (more or less) British Mosquito jets (twin boom, single jet, cloth covered wings!! A Norwegian pilot friend said that he had flown them in Europe, but would not get into one here. They also had about a dozen beautiful P-51s. Some were used for parts, but the sound of them doing barrel rolls and screaming dives will live forever in my mind....I heard that the last two of them were sold to one of the Hemingway gals..

Moderator DR1.com

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyasa View Post
    Are the Aguilas the Arsenal of the DR?
    The team just won't go away and die, always in the fight, always with an excellent line-up and their fans....Jesus, the pure definition of resilience. They won't shut up!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Things awfully quiet in the Aguilas Cibaeñas camp. :-)

From dr1 news:

Escogido defeats Licey in Santo Domingo

It was a good evening for Escogido Lions fans. Despite putting men on base several times, the Licey Tigers were not able to defeat the Lions during the Monday, 8 January 2018 game at the Quisqueya Ball Park in Santo Domingo. Nevertheless, the defending champions, the Tigres del Licey continue in the lead of the Dominican Winter Professional Baseball Championship, with the standings: Licey 7-2, Escogido 5-4, Aguilas 4-5 and Gigantes 2-7.

The round robin games continue with no days off through Thursday, 18 January 2018, by when the playoff teams need to be decided.

http://estadisticas.lidom.com/Estadisticas/Inicio
    http://www.lidom.com/home/calendario/

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to get quite interesting. Aguilas are moving up..........

Semifinals as of January 11

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great semi-final series!

And now the best-of-seven championship series with the two most followed teams, Licey & the Aguilas!

For those who don't have a local television service (like us) you can buy the streaming package for US$13 here: DRSports Live Streaming. A can attest that of you have the bandwidth, the quality is solid. The original broadcast is streamed.

First game Tuesday 1/23, and goes seven consecutive nights.

WE may try to take in a game in Santiago.

12. Likes bigbird liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast