Where to buy kitchen appliances

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Distribuidora-R-Gonzalez on Beller in POP has the whirlpool version, it shows on their FB page

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The title of this particular thread caused me to chuckle. The easy answer would of course be, Boca Chica beach. I happened to be having a late lunch/early dinner with friends at Bocana on Monday, and the endless parade of vendors did more than just test our patience, whereas we had to move our table indoors to dine in peace, thereby missing the beautiful sunset. Everything was available to be haggled for, including the kitchen sink. Well, actually, it was not the kitchen sink, but there was a vendor selling pots and pans.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
We never could find a decent place to buy good appliances in the DR, although there may be places in the Capital. I dunno. We live way up on the North coast. After 10 years of replacing refers, stoves washers etc., we finally bought everything we needed in the states "online" and had it sent here via our international shipper. Lots more to share here but the stuff is good quality,insured, and it will last. On a side note, in my past life, I worked as a design /start-up engineer in the automation business. When we "ran off" and sold assembly systems, building and testing about anything you can think of including appliances, there were products that failed quality tests and sent to "the reject area". Well......I never knew what happened to that stuff and just thought it was salvaged and junked. I was wrong! Its dumped on 3rd world markets. There may be places here where you can get good quality appliances like I said....but I have no idea where that might be. Respectfully. Cheers!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Despite growing up near the world headquarters of GE, I do not recommend their appliances.

I would order on line and have such appliances shipped in by a company like Awilda.

felizeng

Nov 4, 2016
Pick up ?
aha- great news .......you weren't too far away !!

I am sure you'll be happy.

Oh yea my friend. Rigo called me this morning and now he’s on his way.

He gave me a great price. Total shipping cost for the following items $100.00: new curtains, towels, pillows, a few home tools, new pressure monitor and the new microwave.

$75 is the standard price for used clothes and canned goods.

Thanks again William

Catseye

Nov 7, 2009
Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic
We never could find a decent place to buy good appliances in the DR, although there may be places in the Capital. I dunno. We live way up on the North coast. After 10 years of replacing refers, stoves washers etc., we finally bought everything we needed in the states "online" and had it sent here via our international shipper. Lots more to share here but the stuff is good quality,insured, and it will last. On a side note, in my past life, I worked as a design /start-up engineer in the automation business. When we "ran off" and sold assembly systems, building and testing about anything you can think of including appliances, there were products that failed quality tests and sent to "the reject area". Well......I never knew what happened to that stuff and just thought it was salvaged and junked. I was wrong! Its dumped on 3rd world markets. There may be places here where you can get good quality appliances like I said....but I have no idea where that might be. Respectfully. Cheers!

I know one reject item used to be ziploc bags.  When I came here 12 years ago I couldn’t believe what was going on with ziploc bags.  Every box I bought was full of defective bags.  They didn’t close properly, ripped too easy at the seams, always something.  And I thought wow, they must send all the reject bags to this country and I wondered if it was other products, too. Now I don’t get bad bags anymore, just everything else.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Have friends just arrived in Sosua to their house. Their standard size refrigerator needs replacing immediately. Suggestion to which place in Sosua (best if possible as they can find it) or Puerto Plata. They need to do this tomorrow and would need delivery same day if possible. Does not matter if its a few dollars more in Sosua..they need one urgently. Thanks for any replies.