What are Dominican woman like? What are Dominican man like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone1997

Feb 21, 2016
I don't know if it's truth, but I have stereotype that DR is macho country, that Dominican woman tend to be sumbissive and Dominican man tend to be dominant macho. Is it truth? I know that I can't generalize, but always exist some tendency, general mentality.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The OP never responded back after his first post 2 years ago asking about LGBT.

Is Dominican Republic safe for LGBT people?

I have a question. How do Dominicans feel about LGBT people? Do they accept them or condemn them? I don't
think about tourism, but about life in this country. I dont't think only about gays and lesbians, but also about
transsexuals. Is it problem for Dominicans or they are totally ok with this? I don't know what to think about it,
because I know that many LGBT people go to DR, but I've heard very much about homophobia among
Dominicans and they are fanatic Catholics. What is true? I think about life in DR, not only holidays.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't know if it's truth, but I have stereotype that DR is macho country, that Dominican woman tend to be sumbissive and Dominican man tend to be dominant macho. Is it truth? I know that I can't generalize, but always exist some tendency, general mentality.

You'll be shocked and amazed to read what I'm going to explain to you.. but only after you hit 10 posts.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Moved to our favorite forum.

Oh boy.

The dreaded 101............................

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
But, it truly is hard to come up with a handful of characteristics from millions of women.

Submissive is definitely not a word that I would use for Dominicanas. Women are definitely willing to make hard decisions to protect their family and themselves. They may appear to be submissive as long as the good times are flowing, but if that spigot turns off, watch out.

The men definitely fit right in with other Latin men. They can range from hardworking family man to pathological gamers, players, and liars with everything in between.

I've definitely run into more people here that, from my perspective, have difficulty with the truth and their reality is very malleable to the point that I'm not sure they even know the truth. Even the concept of truth may be completely lost on some people. A liar implies an intent to deceive which is often not the case. I think most European or North American countries would diagnose such people as having a personality disorder, but here we just refer to it as Dominican.

As a whole, I wouldn't describe Dominicans as monogamous. A definite "mixed" strategy that gives randy bird species some serious competition.

I've also met some of the most genuine, authentic people that I've had to pleasure to get to know. It's a wider spectrum than you'd find in the USA.

There, that should clear things up. :)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Kinda strange, in another thread the op stated that Dominicans speak a lot of slang and very fast.
Generally Dominicans speak quite fast. They use a lot of slang words and also many times use words of English descent, for example chequear.

If the op knows that he still has to ask what Dominicans are like?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yep when the spigot stops the whip comes down. Never get between a Dominican and their rum, money or children

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Submissive is definitely not a word that I would use for Dominicanas. Women are definitely willing to make hard decisions to protect their family and themselves. They may appear to be submissive as long as the good times are flowing, but if that spigot turns off, watch out.

The men definitely fit right in with other Latin men. They can range from hardworking family man to pathological gamers, players, and liars with everything in between.

I've definitely run into more people here that, from my perspective, have difficulty with the truth and their reality is very malleable to the point that I'm not sure they even know the truth. Even the concept of truth may be completely lost on some people. A liar implies an intent to deceive which is often not the case. I think most European or North American countries would diagnose such people as having a personality disorder, but here we just refer to it as Dominican.

As a whole, I wouldn't describe Dominicans as monogamous. A definite "mixed" strategy that gives randy bird species some serious competition.

I've also met some of the most genuine, authentic people that I've had to pleasure to get to know. It's a wider spectrum than you'd find in the USA.

There, that should clear things up. :)

"They can range from hardworking family man to pathological gamers, players, and liars with everything in between."
This is not limited to Dominican men pointedly, or Latin men as a whole. This entire globe of ours is a huge playing field.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
"They can range from hardworking family man to pathological gamers, players, and liars with everything in between."
This is not limited to Dominican men pointedly, or Latin men as a whole. This entire globe of ours is a huge playing field.

True , but let's keep it DR related.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you are a sapiophile probably the DR is not the best place to find love.

Status
Not open for further replies.