MotoCaribe SW Tour, 1/6 - 1/13 2018

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
MotoCaribe tours the Southwest on January 6th - 13th, 2018.

We have plenty of space available in our 15-passenger Van so no need to ride a motorcycle.

If you'd like to tour the Southwest drop me a PM and I'll put together a custom package at a fair price just for you. Families are fine!

Here is a video of a MotoCaribe SW Tour from 2015 that was the subject of a magazine article:

https://vimeo.com/153665662

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
What will the itinerary consist of?
Jarabacoa
Manabao
El Baden-Madina-San Cristobal bypass of Santo Domingo
We ford Rio Nizao at Hato Damas while the bridge is out
Playa Palenque
Bani
Las Salinas
Las Dunas
Fundacion
San Jose de Ocoa
Azua
Barahona
Trip around Lago Enriquillo, including a brief walk across the Haitian border at Jimani
Iguana Nat'l Park
PLaya San Rafael scenic overlook
Wind Farm at Juancho
Bahia de Las Aguilas
San Jose de Ocoa-Piedra Blanca road
Many stops along the way

We're like a rolling resort.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So this year the PUCMM starts classes on the 3rd of January :( Dang.

Great presentation Robert. One of these days...

HB

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
That's an unbelievable, fabulous bike trip! Probably the best in the country. Hands down, my favorite trip on this island. Highly recommend it. The sites are absolutely stunning on the south-west coast, and very different terrain than what we have here on the north coast. Truly spectacular. Highway 44 (near Barahona) alone is worth the entire cost of the trip. I put this trip up against Highway 1 in northern California--which i have done numerous times. I don't think any motorcycle trip compares to it. And i've done thousands.

Frank

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
MotoCaribe tours the Southwest on January 6th - 13th, 2018.

We have plenty of space available in our 15-passenger Van so no need to ride a motorcycle.

If you'd like to tour the Southwest drop me a PM and I'll put together a custom package at a fair price just for you. Families are fine!

Here is a video of a MotoCaribe SW Tour from 2015 that was the subject of a magazine article:

https://vimeo.com/153665662

You should pitch this yearly trip to Carnival for the motorcycle clubs who bring their bikes with them specifically for touring islands. PR El yunque , and St. John are yearly events for the US based clubs.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Spectacular itinerary indeed for a one week tour. Those in search of the real RD should undoubtedly consider the opportunity.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You should pitch this yearly trip to Carnival for the motorcycle clubs who bring their bikes with them specifically for touring islands. PR El yunque , and St. John are yearly events for the US based clubs.

And the PR leg might be a little short of bridges this year.....
among other things..........

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
And the PR leg might be a little short of bridges this year.....
among other things..........
We were planning a special tour where folks fly into the DR, we ride to Santo Domingo and take the ferry to San Juan. Then we ride PR for three days and then ferry back. Besides the cost, PR has now been decimated. I doubt we'll try it for at least two years...if ever.