Top 5 most dangerous neighborhoods in Santo Domingo

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
# 5 = Villa Agricolas: this is where "El Mercado Nuevo" is located, gangs with members from different countries like Venezuela, Colombia and Russia fighting to control the area.

# 4 =Cristo Rey : residents of this neighborhood are from the very low class of the city, highest violence and crimes averages of SD city.

# 3 Gualey: Founded on west Ozama River basin in SD in 1957, president trujillo gave this land to people that was relocated from another area of city. This neighborhood is very famous for the "Mercado Negro" Black market, and "Sicarios" Hit mans.

# 2 Los Guandules: With the highest concentration of people living in the worse human condition, no public services,or streets, built on the Ozama river basin of Distrito Nacional.

# 1 Las Cienagas: Most violent neighborhood in the DR. 6 of each 10 death are consequence of crime related to violent assaults & feminicide. This area is controlled by a mafia of corrupts policemen some of them already removed from service due bad conduct.

[video=youtube;xVBVZveIE2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBVZveIE2I[/video]

Stay away from theses areas if visit Santo Domingo city capital of DR.

JJ

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Most of those places are up in the north east corner of the city. Back in 2015 I volunteered at a school in Villa Agricolas. I had no trouble but took measures to avoid it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
# 3 Gualey: Founded on west Ozama River basin in SD in 1957, president trujillo gave this land to people that was relocated from another area of city. This neighborhood is very famous for the "Mercado Negro" Black market, and "Sicarios" Hit mans.

I've been through Villa Agricolas and Los Guandules several times,
never had any problems. Cristo Rey (Las Flores) was the first neighborhood
I lived in here in the Dominican Republic (hence the name), never had any problems.

Never been to Las Cienagas so no opinion.

Gualey?
If you're not going into this barrio with someone who is not only from there but well-known
and well-respected, I suggest you avoid going there. Its dangerous.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Please change the title from DR to SD - I got really scared when I saw "Las Cienagas", I thought you mean the one just before Cabarete, thought impossible to get to Cabarete and avoiding that place... ! lol

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
# 5 = Villa Agricolas: this is where "El Mercado Nuevo" is located, gangs with members from different countries like Venezuela, Colombia and Russia fighting to control the area.

# 4 =Cristo Rey : residents of this neighborhood are from the very low class of the city, highest violence and crimes averages of SD city.

# 2 Los Guandules: With the highest concentration of people living in the worse human condition, no public services,or streets, built on the Ozama river basin of Distrito Nacional.

# 1 Las Cienagas: Most violent neighborhood in the DR. 6 of each 10 death are consequence of crime related to violent assaults & feminicide. This area is controlled by a mafia of corrupts policemen some of them already removed from service due bad conduct.

[video=youtube;xVBVZveIE2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBVZveIE2I[/video]

Stay away from theses areas if visit Santo Domingo city capital of DR.

JJ

You forget San Martin de La Vega, where they have a "escuela de macheteros". In the weekends they terrorize the better neighbourhoods. When I lived there in the ninetees my neighbour had a bastard 18 years old son he had with a woman from there. Every weekend he would show up with friends "cabeza llena de drogas", demanding money with their machetes and punales untill a moment he hurt his own Son with two tiros.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
You forget San Martin de La Vega, where they have a "escuela de macheteros". In the weekends they terrorize the better neighbourhoods. When I lived there in the ninetees my neighbour had a bastard 18 years old son he had with a woman from there. Every weekend he would show up with friends "cabeza llena de drogas", demanding money with their machetes and punales untill a moment he hurt his own Son with two tiros.

The level of moral depravity in our underclass is without rival globally. I actually did charity work ( I know, embarrassing now that I am an adult) in these neighborhoods. These people will kill you for 500 pesos !!

Stay away and let them wallow in their own misery

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I actually did charity work ( I know, embarrassing now that I am an adult) in these neighborhoods.
Stay away and let them wallow in their own misery

Embarrassing to think that you were once a nice person who gave a damn about other people who were less fortunate than you. Nice to see that you have matured beyond this.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Embarrassing to think that you were once a nice person who gave a damn about other people who were less fortunate than you. Nice to see that you have matured beyond this.

Sounds like a guy that learned that rats will bite the hand that feeds them. My wife lived in Buenos Aires de Herrera for several years while going to University. She said she was terrified to go out at night. We visited an old friend of hers that still lives there and she said it is far worse now. I have been in San Carlos many times during the day and even stayed over night there. It is very dangerous but there is a fairly large police presence. The five mentioned as the most dangerous don't have the large police presence.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I employ a number of people who live in those neighbourhoods and am friends with several more. None of them choose to live there, they were just dealt a different set of cards to me. Just because they live in a particular area, doesn't mean they are not honest or bad people. I just can't deal with this tendency of some ignorant people on this suggest that just because someone is poor they are a "rat" or a "cockroach".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I employ a number of people who live in those neighbourhoods and am friends with several more. None of them choose to live there, they were just dealt a different set of cards to me. Just because they live in a particular area, doesn't mean they are not honest or bad people. I just can't deal with this tendency of some ignorant people on this suggest that just because someone is poor they are a "rat" or a "cockroach".

people who disparage the residents of these districts, simply because they have more material wealth than they do, generally are nowhere near the human beings some of those people are.

Sep 4, 2012

My criada comes from one of those beat down, wear out, barrios. She takes a few buses, taxis just to come to work everyday. Her responsibility and human being kindness is second to none.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My criada comes from one of those beat down, wear out, barrios. She takes a few buses, taxis just to come to work everyday. Her responsibility and human being kindness is second to none.

have some serious issues with people who believe they are better than poor people.

let me stop..

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I wonder if it is not too much to ask the Mods to delete any posts in future where people are trying to suggest that poor Dominicans are rats, vermin, roaches, scum, and other words I have to read on here all too frequently. It is more than worrying that these attitudes are allowed to persist unchallenged on a webpage which is supposed to be for those who want to make a life in Dom Rep.