Santiago Jan. 3rd through 13th, nightlife?

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Very familiar with much of the island and do speak spanish pretty well, but not a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to Santiago area. I am looking for any help with nightlife. People, beers, maybe sports on the tube, and some loud music is what i am looking for, in a somewhat safe setting? I am mid 40's and like the 10pm to 1AM hour. My last trip down there, last year, was not successful in finding much at night. My days were full and will be, but my nights was hanging in apartment, so not me. I have a car, not sure if i will use it at night or try Uber, so willing to travel. I will be in the Altos de Rafey area, so close is better, but will travel for fun. Thanks to whomever can offer me some guidance.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Can't help you with the nightlife, but among other risks with driving in the DR in general, there are quite a few missing(stolen) manhole covers in Santiago. By all means - use Uber!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Very familiar with much of the island and do speak spanish pretty well, but not a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to Santiago area. I am looking for any help with nightlife. People, beers, maybe sports on the tube, and some loud music is what i am looking for, in a somewhat safe setting? I am mid 40's and like the 10pm to 1AM hour. My last trip down there, last year, was not successful in finding much at night. My days were full and will be, but my nights was hanging in apartment, so not me. I have a car, not sure if i will use it at night or try Uber, so willing to travel. I will be in the Altos de Rafey area, so close is better, but will travel for fun. Thanks to whomever can offer me some guidance.

I recommend Los Jardines around Av. Metropolitana.
Lots of clubs, bars and restaurants with middle upper class clientele.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Try monumento area which has many restaurant/bars or Bella Terra Mall has 2 night clubs upstairs (lazotea and level) and a popular bar down stairs (Mojibar). All are better with a chica or two. Uber is the way to go. Clientele is middle class to no class ;)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
10PM-1AM is really too early for night clubs .. I would suggest something like Ahi Bar, Mr Licquor, Vincatto.. or OCIO .. but I must say I'm a bit partial to Ocio for some reason.. lol

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
I was in Santiago in August. Mojibar at Bella Terra mall was cool. Very good drinks. The bartenders are very friendly. There's also a cool bar in the old section of downtown Santiago called Dao al Pecao. I would go there as well.