So close but so far

scottishpope

Dec 31, 2017
Happy new year everyone!

I have been browsing some of the forums here occasionally when I have a question about DR but finally decided to join the conversation.

I am Texan living in the Virgin Islands and have visited DR 5 times, 4 of those this year. I am absolutely enamored with the country. I have lived in the Caribbean for 3 years now. I just wish I could come to DR every month but the plane routes make that 300 mile trip take half a day so often and I usually can’t have more than 3 days off in a row unless I take vacation. Hopefully they change or open routes soon. Anyway, I’ll see you soon enough I guess.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year!

affald

May 17, 2004
Welcome. What is it about the DR you like best?

I have a guess. ;)

Happy New Year.

scottishpope

Dec 31, 2017
Welcome. What is it about the DR you like best?

I have a guess. ;)

Happy New Year.

Haha I know what you’re thinking. It’s not too far off but I found mi novia here last year and she keeps enticing me back.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Welcome Scotty and Happy New Year. Best advice I can give you, based on my experience with DR lasses, is take a guarded approach to any potential relationship here. 

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Happy new year everyone!

I have been browsing some of the forums here occasionally when I have a question about DR but finally decided to join the conversation.

I am Texan living in the Virgin Islands and have visited DR 5 times, 4 of those this year. I am absolutely enamored with the country. I have lived in the Caribbean for 3 years now. I just wish I could come to DR every month but the plane routes make that 300 mile trip take half a day so often and I usually can’t have more than 3 days off in a row unless I take vacation. Hopefully they change or open routes soon. Anyway, I’ll see you soon enough I guess.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year!

Jet blue leaves STT every morning at 8:30 am for PR. You can be in Santiago or SDQ by 1pm.

scottishpope

Dec 31, 2017
Welcome Scotty and Happy New Year. Best advice I can give you, based on my experience with DR lasses, is take a guarded approach to any potential relationship here. 

I appreciate that advice and understand exactly why you would offer it. I have known her about a year, dated for 6 months. I know her family and many of her friends. She has her own job that I have dropped her off and taken her to myself.

A friend of mine who lived in Santo Domingo owed me some money. I had him transfer it to her bank account and she sent it to me from Vimenca.

So I feel like I have vetted her rather well.

affald

May 17, 2004
Haha I know what you’re thinking. It’s not too far off but I found mi novia here last year and she keeps enticing me back.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Have fun. But please please please find a good creative way to test your novia before you invest too much in the relationship.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I appreciate that advice and understand exactly why you would offer it. I have known her about a year, dated for 6 months. I know her family and many of her friends. She has her own job that I have dropped her off and taken her to myself.

A friend of mine who lived in Santo Domingo owed me some money. I had him transfer it to her bank account and she sent it to me from Vimenca.

So I feel like I have vetted her rather well.

There many Chicas in STX:D. That's where I am from by the way. Welcome to DR1.