Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello/Hola de un Puertorriqueño viviendo en Santo Domingo/ Hello from a Puerto Rican

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello/Hola de un Puertorriqueño viviendo en Santo Domingo/ Hello from a Puerto Rican

Hello, I have recently moved from Puerto Rico (Maria's Hell Hole) to Santo Domingo.

I Thank God that I have electricity (Most of the time) and water (All the time). These things were taken for granted in Puerto Rico for far too long. Hopefully all will be well this 2018.

I was born in Puerto Rico and was raised in the USA (Bronx, New York to be precise).

It will take a while for me to readjust my life to this new environment.

Victor

2. Likes curlando, Lucifer liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Victor, you’ve come to the right place. Have patience and all your questions will be answered.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be pretty bad in PR when you are glad to be in DR, lol.

5. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default REALLY BAD

Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    It must be pretty bad in PR when you are glad to be in DR, lol.
    My friend I don't think anyone who was not there for three whole months without water or electricity or internet or phone service, can fathom the destruction and chaos in that island.
    We had to endure 24-48 hour lines just to get gasoline for our cars an those who were lucky enough to have one, for their gas/electric generators.

I cannot imagine the DR going through a nightmare like that.

My sister stayed behind and just got water and electricity after three months and two weeks. And as she says, it's spotty. It will come on for a few hours and gone for days.

Let me tell you, DR is heaven right now for us Puertorriqueños

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Bienvenido hermano, que todo te vaya bien en nuestro país.

Post Thanks / Like

I have lived in Puerto Rico and I can oly imagine how things must be in places like Orocovis and Utuado and Jayuya, in fact, the entire mountain region.

When we had David, Federico in '79 and Allen in '80 things were bad, but not that bad. San Cristobal had water and lights within a month. Georges did a job on the East , but the recovered basic services pretty quickly. Of course, Casa de Campo spent like US$400 million in remodeling and rebuilding Teeth of the Dog.

I think you will enjoy the DR. It is much larger and there are a whole lot of things to do.

Cordially,

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome vjimene45.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fellow Puerto Rican from the boogie down................

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

I keep getting this message whenever I click on a link in an email sent by your forum.
    Anything I need to do on my end?

"vBulletin Message
    vjimene45, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home"

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I have lived in Puerto Rico and I can oly imagine how things must be in places like Orocovis and Utuado and Jayuya, in fact, the entire mountain region.

When we had David, Federico in '79 and Allen in '80 things were bad, but not that bad. San Cristobal had water and lights within a month. Georges did a job on the East , but the recovered basic services pretty quickly. Of course, Casa de Campo spent like US$400 million in remodeling and rebuilding Teeth of the Dog.

I think you will enjoy the DR. It is much larger and there are a whole lot of things to do.

Cordially,

HB
    I went without water there for 3 weeks when the pumps at the water plant flooded in Puerto Rico.
    Puerto Rico will never get better because they steal half the money they receive from the US.
    PREPA (the Puerto Rican Power Authority) is the most corrupt and incompetent electricity provider in the entire world - including DR and West Africa

13. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast