Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DR child ID

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA and he has to declare fatherhood in person with two witnesses. For HER to insinuate child support on an anonymous person SHE would have to establish and proof paternity at her own expense.

Domestic violence? Needs a time and place. Dude hasnt been in country in a year.

Stop fear mongering. She probably wants to have the child get US citizenry and then she could try to use that for a familial visa in the future when the thing with the European fails

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk
    Come on now, he is asking for advise and this is obvious that she is going after something she is not stating.
    DR laws are not exactly by the book, but they will force you to take a paternity test or you will be arrested. I know of this happening to a General who denied a son, so the laws or enforcement are pretty favorable to women. Also in DR law the kids automatically get part of the inheritance (very difficult to get around that). On the abuse side which I didn't think about, also know about a lot of false accusations on that front.
    I would really suggest figuring out how to get a paternity test done remotely and then determine the support, but if you go back good luck to you. If it doesn't smell right and she can't even give you a consistent reason why chance being in a mess that you wouldn't believe.

2. Likes chas123 liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA.
    Suggest you check out the Hague Convention. The first case was won towards the end of last year with a Dominican Woman winning child support from an absent US father. Agreed paternity has to be established first.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

4. Likes Caonabo, Auryn liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I missed it, the OP hasn’t said what country he is from.  

I agree about paternity test.  Remotely.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

6. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Domestic violence? Needs a time and place. Dude hasnt been in country in a year.
    If he's in-country, all it takes is "he hit me" and a friend tangentially connected to law enforcement. It can be sorted out, but it'll be long, involved, and costly. Especially if she knows where he is.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

.....sounds like the motivation is about the same old things....money and a visa.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!  This is all rather sad.  I don't really deny paternity though we've never done any test.  I still don't understand exactly what she is after, as having my name on a birth certificate or even a DR passport is not going to get her anywhere in the US.  She may be after my assets in some way, but of course I've seen the child, done Skype, etc, and many pictures/videos.  They are not wanting for anything.  The child is healthy and happy and they are both by the looks of it well taken care of...

Unfortunately, she seems to feel the need to manipulate or flat out lie to accomplish whatever her goals are, which makes any relationship with her near impossible.  But I would like to have a relationship with the child and am willing to participate, but her actions make it difficult.

One question, as the prospect now of going to the DR seems possibly perilous, what would I be arrested for?
    It is very noble that you seek to have a relationship with YOUR child, being that you haven't been around for the first year of her life, some may interpret this as a disparity, or rather, inconsistency.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA and he has to declare fatherhood in person with two witnesses. For HER to insinuate child support on an anonymous person SHE would have to establish and proof paternity at her own expense.

Stop fear mongering. She probably wants to have the child get US citizenry and then she could try to use that for a familial visa in the future when the thing with the European fails

Fake news.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Fake news.
    I'm sorry. I meant to say, alternative reality.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this really has been quite interesting...  so I'm a US citizen... as I've mentioned she's not really heavy on truth.  She has on a few occasions come to me with 'emergencies' that would require real action that seem to disappear within 24 hours.  Most recently she sent me a picture of her leg in a cast (honestly not sure if it was her leg) and said she'd be out of work for a month and would need extra help, within a couple of days that was no longer an issue... and within a month of that she needed a break and would be going to the coast where her and her boyfriend/fiance keep an apartment and would be vacationing there for a month (actually the 2nd trip that I know of in the last 2-3 months).  Not sure what kind of job allows for all that

As far as paternity, it seems in person or remotely could put me in legal jeopardy regardless of any support I've given.  My thought would be to keep any support to physical items and not actual cash, and leave any paternity until later.  When/if she stops the BS, we could discuss that, but I would not do anything without legal representation (I believe the moderator of this forum is a lawyer).  The child isn't coming to the US anytime soon either way, she's just a baby.

Really, the fact that she's lied about the state of healthcare and her needing me to obtain that and a DR passport (both things I've learned from you all today) is sort of not tolerable.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
    Well, this really has been quite interesting...  so I'm a US citizen... as I've mentioned she's not really heavy on truth.  She has on a few occasions come to me with 'emergencies' that would require real action that seem to disappear within 24 hours.  Most recently she sent me a picture of her leg in a cast (honestly not sure if it was her leg) and said she'd be out of work for a month and would need extra help, within a couple of days that was no longer an issue... and within a month of that she needed a break and would be going to the coast where her and her boyfriend/fiance keep an apartment and would be vacationing there for a month (actually the 2nd trip that I know of in the last 2-3 months).  Not sure what kind of job allows for all that

As far as paternity, it seems in person or remotely could put me in legal jeopardy regardless of any support I've given.  My thought would be to keep any support to physical items and not actual cash, and leave any paternity until later.  When/if she stops the BS, we could discuss that, but I would not do anything without legal representation (I believe the moderator of this forum is a lawyer).  The child isn't coming to the US anytime soon either way, she's just a baby.

Really, the fact that she's lied about the state of healthcare and her needing me to obtain that and a DR passport (both things I've learned from you all today) is sort of not tolerable.
    Bits and pieces. Bits and pieces. You would be better off consulting a family or immigration lawyer abroad, who specializes in Dominican arenas. The resident expert within this forum answered your initial inquiry directly, and now you would be better served keeping other matters close to your vest.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast