Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible Deal on a Stove

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    150, or 250, delivery to your door in the DR for about 400-425, still a great deal......
    Call the mudanza and see what they can do for pre-payment.

I don't like being bait and switched. They said $150, then when someone shows up it's $250.

2. Likes sylindr liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

it is a good deal. we bought a viking last year so we are no longer on the hunt for a stove but DR lacks mid-range appliances. it's either cheapo cheapo or slash-your-throat expensive. very few items that are high quality and relatively decent price.

with black friday we went all the way and purchased air fryer, blender, waffle maker and a set of cooking pots. even with the shipping it was a fraction of the price we'd pay in DR and much better quality.

North Coast Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I will see, I assume I can buy something later from Amazon too and have it delivered to Juan?

Does he ship cars? His website is not very informative, still constructing the site?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be careful with tax. If you buy something which costs more than US$ 200 and have it shipped to Dom Rep, you are going to be liable for import taxes in addition to shipping. This wasn't an issue when the price was US$ 150, but now it's US$ 250 you may have a lot of tax to pay.

6. Likes sylindr liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    Just be careful with tax. If you buy something which costs more than US$ 200 and have it shipped to Dom Rep, you are going to be liable for import taxes in addition to shipping. This wasn't an issue when the price was US$ 150, but now it's US$ 250 you may have a lot of tax to pay.
    Exactly! He said shipping was $250, but with tax don't think we would save anything

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

With a mundanza, all those fees are included in the price, and it is delivered to your door.  You never interact with aduana  at all

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

9. Likes waytogo, caribmike liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    With a mundanza, all those fees are included in the price, and it is delivered to your door.  You never interact with aduana  at all
    Agreed, my point is that the fees that the mudanza quoted will be very different for shipping an item below $200 to shipping an item above $200.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, my point is that the fees that the mudanza quoted will be very different for shipping an item below $200 to shipping an item above $200.

You could be right, but my experience has been that they don’t care about brand or original cost.  You say “New stove” or “Used stove” and they quote you a price.  TV?  How many inches?  They don’t ask if it’s 4K or smart.  I’ve never, not once, given a receipt for anything to a mundanza.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

12. Likes caribmike, bigbird liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    DR lacks mid-range appliances. it's either cheapo cheapo or slash-your-throat expensive. very few items that are high quality and relatively decent price.
    Exactly.

The one we bought, a convection with broiler and numerous bells and whistles, will cost around $950 all-in when delivered. We looked at numerous appliance dealers and couldn't get anywhere near the same device for under RD$80,000 ($1650).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally mudanza's have some sort of special deals with adaunas.

Whenever I have paid a mudanza the taxes are included in the shipping fees.

In fact, Juan asked oif the stove was stainless steel. I said yes. He said that aduana would charge $25 more, not based on anything but stainless steel, so he upped his charge $25.
    Last edited by cobraboy; 01-03-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast