Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Words, phrases and expressions of the week- January 6, 2018

Moderator - Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    diario libre today:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/mundo/el...uelo-JH8999784
    El papa Francisco casó hoy a una azafata y un azafato durante el vuelo en el que viajaba desde Santiago de Chile hacia la ciudad norteña de Iquique (...)

You found a word. Amazing! I have not seen any of the selected words of late.

I think azafata is definitely still common although articles and discussion groups are pointing towards a trending change from azafata to asistente de vuelo or auxiliar de vuelo. In my experience, I have never actually heard anyone say azafato but I have seen it in articles such as the newspaper article you referenced.

I found an interesting article about the word azafata and ironically without having done any prior research it mentions what I stated in my post #28 that if there is a word shift happening it's aeromoza ---->azafata----->auxiliar de vuelo or asistente de vuelo.

https://fraseomania.blogspot.ca/2016...pasajeros.html

-MP.
    Last edited by Marianopolita; 01-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought about you straight away when i saw it and had to post it now it's going to stick to me for good

North Coast Moderator

Moderator - Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i thought about you straight away when i saw it and had to post it now it's going to stick to me for good

Great! You see that is the whole idea. Your awareness has changed now. It's a different way of learning words in a language. It's a win /win on both sides. Your Spanish and English improve.

-MP.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345