Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Words, phrases and expressions of the week- January 6, 2018

Moderator - Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    diario libre today:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/mundo/el...uelo-JH8999784
    El papa Francisco casó hoy a una azafata y un azafato durante el vuelo en el que viajaba desde Santiago de Chile hacia la ciudad norteña de Iquique (...)

You found a word. Amazing! I have not seen any of the selected words of late.

I think azafata is definitely still common although articles and discussion groups are pointing towards a trending change from azafata to asistente de vuelo or auxiliar de vuelo. In my experience, I have never actually heard anyone say azafato but I have seen it in articles such as the newspaper article you referenced.

I found an interesting article about the word azafata and ironically without having done any prior research it mentions what I stated in my post #28 that if there is a word shift happening it's aeromoza ---->azafata----->auxiliar de vuelo or asistente de vuelo.

https://fraseomania.blogspot.ca/2016...pasajeros.html

-MP.
    Last edited by Marianopolita; 01-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought about you straight away when i saw it and had to post it now it's going to stick to me for good

North Coast Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i thought about you straight away when i saw it and had to post it now it's going to stick to me for good

Great! You see that is the whole idea. Your awareness has changed now. It's a different way of learning words in a language. It's a win /win on both sides. Your Spanish and English improve.

-MP.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

I finally found another example of a su vez in an article. The more examples you see the easier it is to understand the meaning of the phrase and how to use it.

El dato lo ha obtenido la Central Sindical Independiente y de Funcionarios (CSIF) de entre las tablas estadísticas de la Delegación para el Gobierno contra la Violencia de Género, alimentadas a su vez por el Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal del Ministerio de Empleo y Seguridad Social.

http://www.elmundo.es/espana/2018/01...b488b460b.html

-MP.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345