Sousa beach

Sandu

Jan 6, 2018
Arriving in 2 weeks for 2 months......wondering about the condition of the beach

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Arriving in 2 weeks for 2 months......wondering about the condition of the beach

The beach was wet, very wet today. Largest waves I have seen there while eating lunch at Michael's Stone restaurant with the waves washing all the way up to the stone walls. Nobody in the water at all.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Of course that changes day by day and you will have plenty of perfect days at the beach during your 2 month stay.

Sandu

Jan 6, 2018
Condition

Of course that changes day by day and you will have plenty of perfect days at the beach during your 2 month stay.

Is there any noticeable difference with the beach after the storms earlier in the year

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Every winter Sosua Beach will get some serious waves. The storms end up moving the sand around and exposing some rocky bottom.
The Charamicos end of the beach usually has less exposed rock and is in my view nicer for swimming.
I would not worry too much about the conditions. The waves will be gone soon and it will be back to normal.

What is a shame is that the city of Sosua is hostile towards its own beach. The city makes no effort to improve or make any productive changes.
A simple thing like trash cans would go a long way to help. The mayor and the rest of the city government does nothing.
One day the city will get its wish and a big hotel will take the beach and people will wish for the good old days.

BigRoco

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I can confirm it is wet - It is bad if you a short holiday and it is all rain the whole time. But we are here for 3 months so a week of rain is nice. I like the storms