JBQ - La Isabela International Airport, Santo Domingo

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Isabela_International_Airport

I have now flown 3 times out of Santo Domingo from JBQ and one time back. My flights were with Air Century to San Juan.

The experience using JBQ is a pleasure for several reasons. From where I reside in the city in Miramar it is a maximum 20/25 minute journey guaranteed using the ring road from Haina with little risk of any delays......ok additional toll fees apply - 200rd plus the toll on 30 de Mayo. This airport would be quick, easy access for those living in the Cibao being 15 minutes from ones entry into the city at Pedro Brand.

The airport is only used by charters and Air Century and Sunrise Airways and so the check in experience is pleasant and swift. Clearing immigration and security is equally quick with no queues. The departure lounge is spacious but without any retail outlets or cafe, but who needs that when the time between arrival at the airport and boarding the plane is short.

My flights with Air Century with their Saab 340B (which appears new) have been well organised and it is nice to fly over Santo Domingo at relatively low level arriving at and leaving. You get a cookie and a drink and free beer too. They fly 5 times a week to SJU leaving JBQ at 11.05 arriving at SJU 12.15 with the return at 2.05 which is good timing for connections to other islands. Prices are competitive and the flights are popular. https://www.aircentury.com/en/

I look forward to the inauguration of flights to St Martin soon by Air Century.

May 5, 2007
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Isabela_International_Airport

I have now flown 3 times out of Santo Domingo from JBQ and one time back. My flights were with Air Century to San Juan.

The experience using JBQ is a pleasure for several reasons. From where I reside in the city in Miramar it is a maximum 20/25 minute journey guaranteed using the ring road from Haina with little risk of any delays......ok additional toll fees apply - 200rd plus the toll on 30 de Mayo. This airport would be quick, easy access for those living in the Cibao being 15 minutes from ones entry into the city at Pedro Brand.

The airport is only used by charters and Air Century and Sunrise Airways and so the check in experience is pleasant and swift. Clearing immigration and security is equally quick with no queues. The departure lounge is spacious but without any retail outlets or cafe, but who needs that when the time between arrival at the airport and boarding the plane is short.

My flights with Air Century with their Saab 340B (which appears new) have been well organised and it is nice to fly over Santo Domingo at relatively low level arriving at and leaving. You get a cookie and a drink and free beer too. They fly 5 times a week to SJU leaving JBQ at 11.05 arriving at SJU 12.15 with the return at 2.05 which is good timing for connections to other islands. Prices are competitive and the flights are popular. https://www.aircentury.com/en/

I look forward to the inauguration of flights to St Martin soon by Air Century.

340B (plus) is a nice commuter though I doubt new, it has been out of production for 15-20 years

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Other than the "Coming Soon" advertisement on the Air Century website, I do not see any news on the internet in regards to the company starting flights to San Martin and Aruba. Do you have any further information of scheduled inaugural dates? This would indeed be a handy travel option for quick jaunts.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
For me also a nice experience flying from Isabela to Port au Prince. I could also by the ticket at Isabela.

May 5, 2007
Dreamer...
Do you know the refurb place in Canada ? Centralia Ontario...

lots of Delta, etc there for reconditioning
Know nothing of it Age of planes generally is of little importance (With exception of cycles in pressurized airframes, then they are trash) as long as maintenance is done

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
DR1 News

Air Century advertises US$99 fares to Puerto Rico
For purchase online from 1 March to 30 March 2018, Air Century is marketing deals for traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) from La Isabela International Airport in northern Santo Domingo (JBQ).

The US$99 fares include the taxes and allows for one personal item and one carry on bag weighing maximum of 30 pounds plus one checked bags that does not exceed 158 cm or 50 pounds.

The airline flies out of JBQ departing at 11:05 and arriving to SJU at 12:15, for a flight duration of 1h 10m. Return flights depart SJU at 14:05 and arrive to JBQ at 15:15.

Air Century offers regular flight service to Haiti and San Juan, Puerto Rico from Santo Domingo. It expects to soon announce flights to Aruba and St. Martin. The company has been flying charter since 1992.

See https://www.aircentury.com/

They have been my airline of choice to San Juan for the past several months and I do enjoy the benefits of flying out and into JBQ and typically the round trip fare has been about USD250.

They have had a slight hiccup over the new booking system online but that now seems sorted.

Sunrise and SAP are also operating out of JBQ.