Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Owns the Property

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Owns the Property

I have found a place in Cocotal that I am interested in buying. It seems like every Real Estate company in Punta Cana has the listing and each one has the property listed at a different price.
    Is there a way to determine who owns the property and contact them directly?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

All you have to do is contact the agent that has the lowest price advertised and make an appointment to see the place. After seeing it, make an offer less than the asking price and start the negotiation from that point. Good luck!

3. Likes drstock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say very difficult if you're talking about some kind of title search. Many properties are held in the name of an S.R.L. Your best bet woud be to ask some neighbors or the property manager in the case of a condo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
    I have found a place in Cocotal that I am interested in buying. It seems like every Real Estate company in Punta Cana has the listing and each one has the property listed at a different price.
    Listing price in the DR is a starting point. Everything is negotiable. Pick a realtor and sit down and discuss the pricing. Consider how long the property has been on the market to determine how you will structure an offer.

6. Likes Russell liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake View Post

Once a listing goes up...it rarely gets taken down.....there is listing for my place from 8 yrs ago still on web ...lowest price is usually current one.. you can’t search properties here by web searching alone you will go mad... my friend is realestate agent he is constantly being asked about properties for sale and tells them it’s sold long ago...people get angry think he is lieing because it’s on web it MUST be real...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no Multiple Listing Service in the D.R. Many sellers list there property with several realtors in the same area to get exposure and possible offers. It's a very common practice here. The quickest, cheapest realtor usually gets the sale!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Up front information

This is so simple. Ask the real estate company, who holds the title, if it is the owner or a lender. Make sure it has a deslinde (plot plan). Also, ask if the owner has any outstanding debt on the property, to include: taxes, maintenance services, water, and electric. If there is no reasonable prompt response you may be walking a thin line if you desire to proceed. Too many buyers have had their fingers burnt and wallets violated because of a lack of diligence.

A good broker should have all this information up front.

Regards,

PJT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    There is no Multiple Listing Service in the D.R. Many sellers list there property with several realtors in the same area to get exposure and possible offers. It's a very common practice here. The quickest, cheapest realtor usually gets the sale!

It’s  more like who brings the buyer...gets sale...and the good agents who have buyers can deflect to other properties if your to cheap to pay commission appropriate to numbers..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    This is so simple. Ask the real estate company, who holds the title, if it is the owner or a lender. Make sure it has a deslinde (plot plan). Also, ask if the owner has any outstanding debt on the property, to include: taxes, maintenance services, water, and electric. If there is no reasonable prompt response you may be walking a thin line if you desire to proceed. Too many buyers have had their fingers burnt and wallets violated because of a lack of diligence.

A good broker should have all this information up front.

Regards,

PJT

They had the wrong lawyer then..some are dumb enough not to use one ..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I would try to get close to the property to see if you can spot a for sale sign that isn't from a realtor. If you can spot such a thing get the number and try it as it may be a by owner contact. If that doesn't work perhaps you could ask a neighbor or two if they know who owns it.
    I would avoid all the estate agents in the PC / Bavaro area as if you can say real estate agent you are one. That's as in depth as the training and knowledge are here.
    Also what PJT said once you get going.
    Be careful and the best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast