Mark Wahlberg Teaches You Boston Slang

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Several years ago, while driving from Ontario to Nova Scotia, we stopped for breakfast at some place in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine. We were regaled by the locals in the diner blessing the recent departure of the weekend Massholes. "They come up here and act as if they own the whole state."

Haven't heard the term since--gotta' be over twenty years now. Mind you, I never met a Masshole I didn't like.

wbr

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Live in Boston and own a cottage on Lake Memphremagog in Newport, Vermont. Many friends and they love my business ( money ). If not for the Massholes many North East Kingdom residents would be living like the Alaskan Bush people eating moose meat all winter. Amazing how people who live off of tourist and Part-time residents bitch about them so much. But when they have a bad leaf peeping season they cry poor mouth all winter. We have incredible bass fishing on the lake. Especially around the Lakemont section. And for all you Mass residents some guy from Weymouth was selling Masshole hats on eBay. I believe there are some left... So have a wicked p!ssa day !!!!!!!

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am a born Maine-i=ac turned Masshole. 
When I live in the DR I spoke Spanish with a Boston accent.
I spoke English with a Spanish accent. :p