Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump: Haiti is a '****hole' country

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    last i checked, you are not the President of the USA. you can say it, and Larry can say it, and Joe Blow can say it. the leader of another country should know better than to say it.
    I agree with you 100% Gorgon. Too many folks just don't understand that.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Haiti will not get out of the mess that they are in until people who mean well stop interfering in that country's politics. Haitians are not who the Dominicans should fear.
    Based on the the history, I don't think you'll find too many Dominicans that will agree with you. Haiti will still be screwed up, even if there is no outside interference.

3. Likes Conchman, ROLLOUT liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if Haitians can't easily flee that ****hole of a country at set themselves up elsewhere, they will come to realize that it's up to them to retake control of their country, their own future and begin the long slog back to prosperity and representative government within Haiti.

The rest of the world being enablers of the status quo, should be ashamed of ourselves for thinking that we can make things better by offering warm winter coats, and welfare to people who have just given up and "walked" away.

5. Likes cbmitch9, ctrob, oriole100, Russell liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again Trump nails it, connects with real people, voters and tax payers! At least he has the balls to say what the majority of Americans and 99% of Dominicans think.

Haiti is a ****hole, fact!

Now that is out of the way, maybe now some Governments around the globe will actually work at changing that reality, as it obvious it will not happen internally.

7. Likes pkaide1, ctrob, Naked_Snake, melphis, Conchman and 7 others liked this post
    Dislikes K-Mel disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Trump connects with ignorance and hate. That's what he connects with. I do not beleive that the majority of Americans feel that way about Haiti or any other country that Trump referred to. They maybe feel pity but not the vulgar hatred that he spewed. If the Dominicans feel that they have been spared from Trump's vulgarity, wait and see what's next.

9. Likes DRPAWA, IslandDreaming liked this post
    Dislikes rfp, jinty05, Garyexpat disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Haiti is a *** hole, *** hole, *** hole thanks to the following
    1) The French
    2) The US
    3) Its people
    4) The Clinton
    5) The UN

Dominican Republic has nothing to do with Haiti present or past conditions.

11. Likes Robert, Naked_Snake, pelaut, cavok, Russell and 1 others liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Trump connects with ignorance and hate. That's what he connects with. I do not beleive that the majority of Americans feel that way about Haiti or any other country that Trump referred to. They maybe feel pity but not the vulgar hatred that he spewed. If the Dominicans feel that they have been spared from Trump's vulgarity, wait and see what's next.
    Maybe this reality check will put the focus back on Haiti and motivate the people into actually taking ownership of their problems and future. Instead of waiting for handouts, NGO's or the Clintons to come to the rescue.

Negativity can sometimes have a long term positive impact.

Regardless of delivery or the words used, Trump motivates action and change.
    e.g. I see North Korea are back at the negotiating table and ISIS have all but vanished from the headlines.

Maybe a few negative words will actually turn out to be a positive for countries like Haiti.
    Last edited by Robert; 01-12-2018 at 10:41 AM.

13. Likes cbmitch9, bob saunders, pelaut, cavok, Russell and 2 others liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets also not forget the comment Trump "allegedly" made is coming from a 3rd hand source.

It was first reported by the Washington Post, which is no lover of Trump and pushed out it's fair share of fake news.

15. Likes rfp, JDJones, Garyexpat liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed this, good timing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42664173

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Maybe this reality check will put the focus back on Haiti and motivate the people into actually taking ownership of their problems and future. Instead of waiting for handouts, NGO's or the Clintons to come to the rescue.

Negativity can sometimes have a long term positive impact.

Regardless of delivery or the words used, Trump motivates action and change.
    e.g. I see North Korea are back at the negotiating table and ISIS have all but vanished from the headlines.

Maybe a few negative words will actually turn out to be a positive for countries like Haiti.
    Agreed. I do believe it's time that Haitians take matters into their own hands. I have been waiting for Haitians to wake the hell up since the time of Papa Doc. It pains me that the Haitian populace is so asleep. So yes, maybe what Trump said might stoke the fires to the Haitians waking up from their slumber. But sadly, chances are that will not happen during our lifetime.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast