Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump: Haiti is a '****hole' country

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Once again Trump nails it, connects with real people, voters and tax payers! At least he has the balls to say what the majority of Americans and 99% of Dominicans think.

Haiti is a ****hole, fact!

Now that is out of the way, maybe now some Governments around the globe will actually work at changing that reality, as it obvious it will not happen internally.
    You are taking the entire subject out of context, as can be expected. He lumped, El Salvador, and the entire continent of Africa in the diatribe.
    He then went on to imply that things would be better if there were more immigrants from Norway.
    It doesn't take a rocket-surgeon to see through that veneer.

2. Likes Lobo Tropical, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    You are taking the entire subject out of context, as can be expected. He lumped, El Salvador, and the entire continent of Africa in the diatribe.
    He then went on to imply that things would be better if there were more immigrants from Norway.
    It doesn't take a rocket-surgeon to see through that veneer.
    There is conflict on what exactly he said, with the Republican senators remembering the conversation differently than the Democrats. Either way it was a private meeting and the actual conversation shouldn't be made public, otherwise why have a private conversation. I suspect the the Democrats may have pushed their agenda a little too aggressively and will now meet far more resistance.

4. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Today the ambassador of Haiti in the USA was interviewed in PBS News Hour in NY regarding the comments made by Donald Trump, especially his focus on Haiti and Haitians.

Moderator Polls Forum

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    There is conflict on what exactly he said, with the Republican senators remembering the conversation differently than the Democrats. Either way it was a private meeting and the actual conversation shouldn't be made public, otherwise why have a private conversation. I suspect the the Democrats may have pushed their agenda a little too aggressively and will now meet far more resistance.
    Did he say it or didn't he? Trump's opponents have been talking about it nonstop keeping it in the public consciousness.

Haiti, El Salvador, Africa...

A large segment of the population agrees that they are for the most part shytholes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you are so blinded it's funny!

Trump "allegedly" said Haiti was a ****hole.

No actually proof and denied by Trump and the Whitehouse that he said ****hole.

Even CNN are now back tracking. You gotta love the desperate liberal media :-)

Robert,
    Try to spin it as you may!
    Whereas there is no video of this meeting available, there is a litany of public offensive statements on video by trump in regard to many ethnic communities.

But Sen. Dick Durbin, the only Democrat in the room, disputed the president’s account.

“He said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly,” Durbin said,
    Durbin added, “When the question was asked about Haitians … he said, ‘Haitians? Do we need more Haitians?'”
    Trump took particular issue with the characterization of his comments on Haiti.

“Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems,” Trump wrote. “I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!”
    http://time.com/5100741/dick-durbin-...ation-meeting/

2 Republican senators have come down with a case of “****hole”-related amnesia
    Tom Cotton and David Perdue were in the room yesterday. They claim not to “recall” Trump’s comments.
    https://www.vox.com/2018/1/12/168853...untries-denial

8. Dislikes Garyexpat disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    Robert,
    Try to spin it as you may!
    Whereas there is no video of this meeting available, there is a litany of public offensive statements on video by trump in regard to many ethnic communities.

But Sen. Dick Durbin, the only Democrat in the room, disputed the president’s account.

“He said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly,” Durbin said,
    Durbin added, “When the question was asked about Haitians … he said, ‘Haitians? Do we need more Haitians?'”
    Trump took particular issue with the characterization of his comments on Haiti.

“Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems,” Trump wrote. “I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings – unfortunately, no trust!”
    http://time.com/5100741/dick-durbin-...ation-meeting/

2 Republican senators have come down with a case of “****hole”-related amnesia
    Tom Cotton and David Perdue were in the room yesterday. They claim not to “recall” Trump’s comments.
    https://www.vox.com/2018/1/12/168853...untries-denial
    Not quite sure how, even if he did, call Haiti a ****hole, how that is hateful? BLUNT AND TRUEFUL, YES, HATEFUL NO, BUT THEN FOR THE DEMOCRATS EVERYTHING THAT SOMEBODY ELSE SAYS IS HATEFUL OR RACIST.

10. Likes JDJones, Garyexpat liked this post
    Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again Trump nails it, connects with real people, voters and tax payers! At least he has the balls to say what the majority of Americans and 99% of Dominicans think.

Haiti is a ****hole, fact!

Now that is out of the way, maybe now some Governments around the globe will actually work at changing that reality, as it obvious it will not happen internally.
    That's not even close to true. He's not trying to "effect global change," he was simply being an obnoxious jackass by taking a pot shot at Haiti. 

But clearly, you're just trying to trigger people, so have fun!
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

12. Dislikes Garyexpat disliked this post
    Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite sure how, even if he did, call Haiti a ****hole, how that is hateful? BLUNT AND TRUEFUL, YES, HATEFUL NO, BUT THEN FOR THE DEMOCRATS EVERYTHING THAT SOMEBODY ELSE SAYS IS HATEFUL OR RACIST.
    He's not some dude at the bar, Bob. He's the POTUS, and the representative of us all. He could have easily addressed the issues confronting Haiti without a bunch of insults.

Of COURSE it was racist and hateful, and let me help you understand. Replace the word "Trump" with "Obama," then take out the word "Haiti," and replace it with "Canada," or any other place you care about.

See how that works? If Obama had said the same thing, in the same way, about your home country, you'd be livid. I mean, you and your fellow travelers can't get over the "you can keep your doctor" thing, how would you honestly have reacted if he called your home, which you served and raised your family in, a s***hole? 

But you like Trump, so for you it's just a distraction. For the rest of us, it's a dishonor.

He's not a disruptor, he's just a jerk.
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

14. Dislikes Garyexpat disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    He's not some dude at the bar, Bob. He's the POTUS, and the representative of us all. He could have easily addressed the issues confronting Haiti without a bunch of insults.

Of COURSE it was racist and hateful, and let me help you understand. Replace the word "Trump" with "Obama," then take out the word "Haiti," and replace it with "Canada," or any other place you care about.

See how that works? If Obama had said the same thing, in the same way, about your home country, you'd be livid. I mean, you and your fellow travelers can't get over the "you can keep your doctor" thing, how would you honestly have reacted if he called your home, which you served and raised your family in, a s***hole? 

But you like Trump, so for you it's just a distraction. For the rest of us, it's a dishonor.

He's not a disruptor, he's just a jerk.
    None of us was privy to the conversaTION AND NOBODY HAS A TAPE RECORDING. A bunch of insults...? I don't think the word of one senator (Durbin) is more trustworthy than that of another (Cotton) Actually I don't like Trump but I dislike the HYPOCRITICAL Democrats even more. Parts of Canada are ****holes, I am willing to admit.
    Last edited by bob saunders; 01-12-2018 at 10:19 PM.

16. Likes Celt202, Garyexpat liked this post
    Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

None of us was privy to the conversaTION AND NOBODY HAS A TAPE RECORDING. A bunch of insults...? I don't think the word of one senator (Durbin) is more trustworthy than that of another (Cotton) Actually I don't like Trump but I dislike the HYPOCRITICAL Democrats even more. Parts of Canada are ****holes, I am willing to admit.
    What's most telling is the other people in the room aren't coming out to defend Trump. Would be easy to pick up political points that way. 

It's because he said it, Bob. But let's move on to the larger issue.

The US is significantly made up of people who came from places like Haiti, Ireland, South Italy, the "country" of Africa and other locales precisely because they were talented people who couldn't make it work due to the issues in their homeland. Indian and Pakistani immigrants are now the per capita wealthiest minority group in the US.

I have a Haitian client who is a multi-millionaire who sells medical equipment. My partner brought a master's degree in physics with him to the states.

The fact is, he didn't focus on Moldova or other deeply poor european countries. Instead, he once again took a shot at black people, which he's consistently done over the course of decades.

He could have worded his comments differently, and he chose to go with them to feed his base. Why his base needs to hear clearly racist comments is a topic for another thread.
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

18. Dislikes Garyexpat disliked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast