Mechanic Recommendation in Santiago

Sua Sponte

Dec 29, 2017
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a referral for a trusted mechanic in Santiago. I am looking at buying an used Jeep Wrangler from a Dominican family member and I would like to get it inspected. I already have the Carfax. I just want to make sure everything is good on the car and if I buy it, to have a mechanic to take it to for future maintenance. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Sua Sponte

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
I have been taking my car to Luxmain. They are on Ave hispanoamericana, and they work on the forklifts at the company I work with. They are growing, now officially authorized for Mitsubishi. The only downside is no card, only pay with cash. 809-626-4539 or luxmainservices@hotmail.com

For oil changes and tire rotation I use P&L in nivaje, close to the monument. They take cards and use high quality tire alignment machines

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Joial is up a little hill on the same side of the streat as McDonald's in le colines. He is very good.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Wilkins Auto
Calle Camino De Bueno Vista (north) just off of Av. Salvador Estrella Sabhala (one block past Hache)
(809) 971-1111

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How about a place that rebuilds engines (correctly)
Most send the engines to a machine shop. I have no idea the quality of rebuilds.

How many here have seen a torque wrench in a Dominican tool box?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Most send the engines to a machine shop. I have no idea the quality of rebuilds.

How many here have seen a torque wrench in a Dominican tool box?
Or a micrometer

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are two places that I will recommend.
1) Is Contin, just off of Rafael Vidal...you can find him on a Google search plus directions. This is THE place where people here in Santiago take their vehicles.

2) This is Centro Patxot which is out on the road to Licey al Medio, entering to the left from the highway, just past Don Lindo Supermarket and Colegio Dominicana. Again a search on google will bring up good directions. English spoken at both places.

Cordially,

HB

Sua Sponte

Dec 29, 2017
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the recommendations! Sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling. The deal ended up falling through. However, I am still in the market for a decent, used Jeep Wrangler if anyone has any leads. I will use one of the recommended Mechanics to check it out also. Thanks again everyone.

Respectfully,

Sua Sponte