Hit some baseballs in Sosua

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
There is a new batting cage alongside of the baseball field in Sosua.
It is a lot of fun and good exercise.
The cost is 15 balls for 25 pesos.
The guy who runs it is a really nice guy and he often lets kids bat for free.
Bring your glove and have a catch.
A great way to spend some time and now part of my weekly schedule.
Batter Up!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I watched the other day....I could not hit the side of a barn, so I watched. Great time by all from what I saw!!!

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
It's a professional set up...the speeds are adjustable ...I take the slowest which is still pretty fast....You really have to concentrate.
But the balls don't come on after the other....he feeds in every ball...so you have time to regroup and reset.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
****KIDS BAT FOR FREE TODAY****
Today is a community day at The Batting Cage.
Kids bat for free all day and they will be giving out free mitts, baseballs and t shirts!
Very beautiful!!

Sep 4, 2012
I spend hours over the weekend at the batting cage from spring through early summer (too hot thereafter) swinging the bat. Great work out, its fun and exciting. El Batazo y Mi Placita en SDQ are good places to swing for the fences, machines are adjustable up to 95MPH

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I have been informed that they are in need of equipment. Next time I go, I would like bring some used equipment. If anyone has any used balls, bats, helmets, gloves, shoes or sneakers; please let me know.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have been informed that they are in need of equipment. Next time I go, I would like bring some used equipment. If anyone has any used balls, bats, helmets, gloves, shoes or sneakers; please let me know.

When you say “they” I presume you mean kids in DR and not the place in the OP. We did exactly that this year, it was very rewarding and the kids and coaches were very appreciative. Best of luck.

We’re already collecting to ship more. Here’s my thread about the last shipment:

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/164111-Can-you-help