Good and reliable driver recommendation in Santo Domingo

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Heelo to all the good and friendly people in Santo Domingo. My friend and I are planing to go the capital for a 2 -night trip, and we are looking for a private driver with a decent and air conditioned car to take us around.

We been there 3 times and mostly stay around in the colonial zone, and this time we like to expand our experience and venture out a bit. If you have the time or know of someone that could use a little extra money ( we are offering US$100.00 per day ) to take us around. We like to see the Botanical garden, the cross building, the Three eyes park, China town, and the national palace, just to name a few sites.......

We will be taking Metro bus, so the driver will need to pick us up at the station, take us to the hotel in the Colonial zone. And at the end of our stay, take us back to the bus station.

Our plan is to arrive at the Capital around noon time, meet up with our driver and go on for half a day. Then a full day the next day, and half a day on the following day. Total of 2 days.

I hope to hear some recommendations soon. Thank you in advance.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Go into the capital and on El Conde walk close to the Columbus park right near the cigar store. And the new renovated Mecurio hotel has a new name now. Ask for Felix. Many taxis wait for clients at this intersection. Felix is my favorite trustworthy speaks decent English knows the capital. Also prompt and courteous.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I run a hotel and we always work with a driver called Jesus 809 432 0999, most of the hotels in the Colonial Zone use him. He's 100% reliable, you can email him, Whatsapp him (on that number) or call him. He speaks good English and his vehicle is an SUV which has A/C. For the type of trip you're looking for he will charge US$ 25 an hour but I guess you can haggle.

affald

May 17, 2004
I run a hotel and we always work with a driver called Jesus 809 432 0999, most of the hotels in the Colonial Zone use him. He's 100% reliable, you can email him, Whatsapp him (on that number) or call him. He speaks good English and his vehicle is an SUV which has A/C. For the type of trip you're looking for he will charge US$ 25 an hour but I guess you can haggle.
If it's an expensive SUV and includes the gas, sounds like a decent rate.