More Hatians In the DR??

jpuvi3

Mar 21, 2002
I am very, very angry after reading the news stating that foreigners are trying to force the DR into accepting Haitians into the country. What human rights has the DR violated? Do you see the US welcoming with open arms every Mexican that crosses the border? No! You see US immigration deporting their asses right back where they came from if they crossed the US illegally. Do you see any Human Rights Organization picketing at the US/Mexican borders the way they are doing to the Dominicans?

As a Dominican who knows her country's history I say we already had enough of Haitians during all those miserable years we where under their rule. We valiantly got our independence. We do not owe the Haitians ANYTHING. Dominicans are successful because they fought, worked hard and over came.

If the Haitians are poor, miserable and stupid, they did it all by themselves. Dominicans had nothing to do with that, so why should we now bear this burden.

If Aristides is paying so much money to Washington lobbyist so that they can petition the DR to accept Haitian migration, why doesn?t that idiot invest those funds in his own country? He wants the DR to accept the migration so that it will relieve the Haitian governments burden? helloooo, does this seem logical? DR is already burdened enough.

I'm not saying treat them miserably. I just want to say that if they are in the DR illegally then we have every right to keep shipping them back to Haiti. THIS IS THE LAW IN EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. And if there are any human rights activists out there, get a damn clue and go petition another country for help the 'poor' Haitians.

I urge all DOMINICANOS out there not to let this influx into our side. If they are forced I say we take it into our own hands and make them leave.

I am the first to give them a 'bola' across the border.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
You read my mind jpuvi3! I too was feeling the same way about this whole situation but I think that there might be more to the story then what we've been informed. It might be just a few cases not all the Haitians that are in the DR illegally.

Now, what made me really angry was what I read about Aristide paying washington large amounts of money so that these Haitians in the DR can stay. You read my mind there too. It's damn true, if he is paying Washington all this money why does he not invest in his own people. Damn it!! We ought to send a small group of our special forces into Haiti and remove the fool from office!! How nice of him to want the DR to resolve his problems. I mean, where is the logic in all of this? What Haiti needs is a make-over....really! Someone needs to go in there and clean-house...show them a diffenrent way....change the way the government is run because it's definitely not working! You see how different our people are? If things in DR started to get like they are in Haiti the whole DR would be on the streets rioting...why don't the Haitians do the same? They ought to remove the current government at once. Well, what else can I say about this whole thing.

It's time for me to leave work. You all take care and take it easy.

DR_DEFENDER