How much does it typically cost to notarize and ship a document to the US?

mreyes

Jan 22, 2018
hi, I need to get some consent papers for passports to be notarized and shipped back to the states. Does anyone know how much it typically costs and how I can go about it? What services can I use?

Thanks in advance

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What exactly are you getting notarized?
The only way to legally notarize a US document is at the embassy / consular office, and I do not know the cost.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
hi, I need to get some consent papers for passports to be notarized and shipped back to the states. Does anyone know how much it typically costs and how I can go about it? What services can I use?

Thanks in advance

"Notarial services at the Consular Section in Santo Domingo are provided by appointment only on Mondays and Thursdays (except on Dominican or U.S. holidays ). Choose the day and time of your appointment via online booking system and receive an immediate confirmation. Such confirmation needs to be printed and presented the day of your appointment. Keep in mind that only those individuals with confirmed appointments will be allowed into the Consular Section facilities.

Applicants must appear at the Consular Section at 1:30 p.m. bringing the documents to be notarized (and any witnesses if need be). All applicants must take a number from the machine next to the stairs, proceed to the second floor and take a seat until called by their number to submit their documentation. The person receiving your documents will give you further instructions on the next steps in the process.

Notarial Services in Puerto Plata and Bavaro/Punta Cana

Notarial services may also be performed by appointment only at our Consular Agency in Puerto Plata and our Consular Agency in Bavaro/Punta Cana. To make an appointment in Puerto Plata, please call (809) 586-8017. To make an appointment in Bavaro/Punta Cana, please call (809) 552-8990.

Notarial and Authentication Services

Consular officials at any U.S. embassy or consulate abroad can provide a service similar to the functions of a notary public in the United States. Notaries’ services are available to all U.S. passport holders, and to foreign nationals with documents destined for use in the United States. Notaries’ services include statements made under oath, affidavits, authentications and acknowledgements. For any of the above mentioned services, you must come in person. Applicants requesting notarial services need to bring the following documents:

An identification with photo on it, including but not limited to a cédula, driver’s license, valid passport or any other proof of identity with photo and signature on it, along with a photocopy of such identification.
The document to be notarized

US$50.00 or Dominican peso equivalent for each notarial service requested, and US$50.00 or Dominican peso equivalent for each additional notarial service provided at the same time in connection with the same transaction. There is also a US$50.00 fee for each authentication service. Fees can be paid in cash or using international credit cards.

If your document must also be witnessed, please bring your witness(es) with you, each one carrying a valid identification with them, as the Consular staff notarizing your document cannot also serve as witness.
Notary Public

The Consular officer acts as a U.S. notary public for documents to be used in the United States. Like a notary public in the U.S., the Consular official must require the personal appearance of the person requesting the notary’s service; establish the identity of that person; establish that the person understands the nature, language and consequences of the document to be notarized; and establish that the person is not acting under duress. (22 C.F.R. 92.31)."

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
There is also a US$50.00 fee for each authentication service. Fees can be paid in cash or using international credit cards.
Don't believe it credit card statement. Times I have been there it's always not working. Take Cash

Karena92

Feb 3, 2018
Help

Have you been able to make the appointment and get docs notarized. I have my husband in DR trying to get papers notarized for a divorce and it's been a nightmare. They dont have an official in Punta Cana so don't waste your time there. I made an appointment for Santo Domingo and they turned him away the day of the appointment. I've been emailing them back and forth. They are so useless and no help.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have you been able to make the appointment and get docs notarized. I have my husband in DR trying to get papers notarized for a divorce and it's been a nightmare. They dont have an official in Punta Cana so don't waste your time there. I made an appointment for Santo Domingo and they turned him away the day of the appointment. I've been emailing them back and forth. They are so useless and no help.

Karena Pm me if you are totally stuck. We arrange notarising divorce papers all the time, assuming you need a Dominican notary and not the US embassy.Oh you can't pm me as you have less than 10 posts lol, and I can't give you my email either. Post away till you have 10 posts then pm me!

Matilda