Aplomb

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
His Lordship was in the study when the butler approached and coughed discreetly.

"May I ask you a question, My Lord?"

"Go ahead, Carson ," said His Lordship.

"I am doing the crossword in The Times and found a word the exact meaning of which I am not too certain."

"What word is that?" asked His Lordship.

"Aplomb," My Lord.

"Now that's a difficult one to explain. I would say it is self-assurance or complete composure."

"Thank you, My Lord, but I'm still a little confused about it."

"Let me give you an example to make it clearer. Do you remember a few months ago when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived to spend a weekend with us?"

"I remember the occasion very well, My Lord. It gave the staff and myself much pleasure to look after them."

"Also," continued the Earl of Grantham, "do you remember when Will plucked a rose for Kate in the rose garden?"

"I was present on that occasion, My Lord, ministering to their needs.

"While Will was plucking the rose, a thorn embedded itself in his thumb very deeply."

"I witnessed the incident, My Lord, and saw the Duchess herself remove the thorn and bandage his thumb with her own dainty handkerchief."

"That evening the hole the rose made in his thumb was very sore. Kate had to cut his venison for him, even though it was extremely tender."

"Yes, My Lord, I did see everything that transpired that evening."

"And do you remember the next morning while you were pouring coffee for Her Ladyship, Kate inquired of Will in a loud voice, 'Darling, does your prick still throb?' And you, Carson, did not spill one drop of coffee?

That, Carson is aplomb.”

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Not only that but sometimes a reader might miss the joke first time posted plus always new peeps on the board.

So instead of the reader making the effort to read previous posts, we should baby them and keep posting the same posts over and over !!!!!

Wow, think of all the storage space and money that would be saved.

We could do that with the news also, eliminate all of written history, just repeat everything over and over.

That must be "Plan B".

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So instead of the reader making the effort to read previous posts, we should baby them and keep posting the same posts over and over !!!!!

We could do that with the news also, eliminate all of written history, just repeat everything over and over.

That must be "Plan B".

oh please............... do you think the OP of this joke should first read the entire clown bin going back 5 years or more before he posted the joke? shyte happens all the time, a joke got posted three times by two different posters, big deal...........

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

That must be "Plan B".

Good morning, haven't had your coffee yet? ;)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I do expect my fellow posters to read all posts and remember them. 

Frank is more to blame....he posted the same joke twice! 

:nervous:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Mea culpa, mea culpa however I posted 2 different versions. ;)

not totally your fault frank, if you posted the joke twice and cobraboy can't remember he needs to share part of the blame. we all know cobraboy is nothing but a troublemaker. ;)

just my two pesos from the clown bin with no sense of humour...........

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So lemme understand this now..
No posting jokes , IF the same joke has been told before ?

Can we apply this same Logic to all NEW female members whos First post talks about the Nice Dominican Man she just met at the All Inclusive Disco, and now want to marry, because he is "the one" , and he has never asked for any money, but now his Abuela is sick .... what should she do

Cuz those are the Posts that just never get old, and keep my funny bone Tickled til my sides burst ..