bachata rosa

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
can anyone say how nice this is as it just opened this week?

see if the guagua inside the place goes backwards

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Ate there 2x...in the cafe SBG as other room part of Bachata Rose is almost ready.  Feb 2 official.  Let me say IT IS THE BEST!  Most delicious food I have eaten.  Yes we have now eaten 7 of their appetizers.  Outstanding. Presentation very good and they have only been open since last Friday.  So some of the very very few small kinks being worked out.  I am giddy with joy they are here in Blue Mall.  Kudos????????????

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
sadly, we just missed the opening

my wife and I saw JLG in Boston 2 years ago. I danced with my PUCMM daughter at her wedding with the duet song by mana, bendito la luz. Please dance in rhe streets of SP de M while drinking a Guavaberry for me.

DD from ingenio quisqueya

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The perfect excuse to check it out - a mission on behalf of DD!

Or maybe we'll just have a fritura and fría in your honour. We were in a hotel in SD last night and the bartender served us Presidentes thinking P & L were gringos - "la mejor del país" she informed us, careful to pronounce the words clearly.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Top secret mission for Mr P: to see if the beer is frio/frio at Bachata Rosa

L looks more Belgian than American to me! Let me know how the restaurant does!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We peeked in yesterday evening after our food truck nosh-up. It's very themed with the famous guagua at the entrance, props like colmado and other bits of "Dominicana". Menu is eclectic - Dominican-inspired + international - and on the pricey side, 500-ish for starters and 800+ for main dishes before taxes. Very few veggie options (All I could see was Greek salad with quinoa; risotto) and no vegan options as far as I can see. But we plan to go soon, to celebrate getting paid for the biggest assignment of my freelance career, and will write a more detailed report.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Update Sadly to My Diddy Joy

Ate there 2x...in the cafe SBG as other room part of Bachata Rose is almost ready.  Feb 2 official.  Let me say IT IS THE BEST!  Most delicious food I have eaten.  Yes we have now eaten 7 of their appetizers.  Outstanding. Presentation very good and they have only been open since last Friday.  So some of the very very few small kinks being worked out.  I am giddy with joy they are here in Blue Mall.  Kudos������������

I have agonized whether to mention my story.
Yes I loved my experiences at Cafe SBG, just before the official opening of Bachata Rose and could not wait to go back to the now officially opened restaurant.  So we went back, unfortunately for me.  Restaurant really hopping, it was busy. Trying to handle many diners was proving problem for the inexperienced ? Staff.  Signs of things to come ... I was brought wrong wine, first a red, I ordered white, then 2nd wine brought to me not the one I ordered (this became a big deal only because it was specifically mentioned by one of the heads at restaurant who had written it down and told me this was what I would be brought) Waiter seemed to have no idea. No idea whatsoever. The signature beginning of meal which had been brought to us each other of the 3 times we dined was forgotten until we asked. (Ok they were busy and overwhelmed). We had 2 appetizers which were fine.  I ordered pasta (Mama Luisa forgive me).  I was brought Risotto..I said I ordered Carbonara.  Waiter looked flummoxed.  What was brought to me was somewhat warmish/cool not quite full (thank goodness now) dish of pasta (maybe microwaved? and left sitting out? with a warmish fried egg on top.  Maybe it was the egg? Carbonara? I thought? Well this is an excellent chef with his modern take on Carbonara.  I ate it all And I enjoyed it though telling my friends the pasta was not hot and I was surprised at that.
Ok finally the end.  At home I got Sick with stomach pains and diarreha for 2 days.  
So.  

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have agonized whether to mention my story.
Yes I loved my experiences at Cafe SBG, just before the official opening of Bachata Rose and could not wait to go back to the now officially opened restaurant.  So we went back, unfortunately for me.  Restaurant really hopping, it was busy. Trying to handle many diners was proving problem for the inexperienced ? Staff.  Signs of things to come ... I was brought wrong wine, first a red, I ordered white, then 2nd wine brought to me not the one I ordered (this became a big deal only because it was specifically mentioned by one of the heads at restaurant who had written it down and told me this was what I would be brought) Waiter seemed to have no idea. No idea whatsoever. The signature beginning of meal which had been brought to us each other of the 3 times we dined was forgotten until we asked. (Ok they were busy and overwhelmed). We had 2 appetizers which were fine.  I ordered pasta (Mama Luisa forgive me).  I was brought Risotto..I said I ordered Carbonara.  Waiter looked flummoxed.  What was brought to me was somewhat warmish/cool not quite full (thank goodness now) dish of pasta (maybe microwaved? and left sitting out? with a warmish fried egg on top.  Maybe it was the egg? Carbonara? I thought? Well this is an excellent chef with his modern take on Carbonara.  I ate it all And I enjoyed it though telling my friends the pasta was not hot and I was surprised at that.
Ok finally the end.  At home I got Sick with stomach pains and diarreha for 2 days.  
So.  

"Maybe it was the egg?"

Famous last words for many over the course of time.