spanish language quiz in DL

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
That is a great quiz!

I got 15/15 and if I did not I would really have to question myself.

That test revealed some of the incorrect speech you hear in the DR. For some of them you have to wonder and it is because of the illiteracy issue. Some people have never seen the word written. They have no clue what they are saying. You know how many times I have heard in the DR mi abuela habla perfectamente and my thought is no she does not

I wonder how many readers read this section. It is wonderful from a language perspective.

-MP.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like how it shows the number of views on each panel and the percentage of wrong/right answers. you can figure out how many readers took the test and what the average score was.

of course bear in mind that the worst language offenders are not likely to read DL online.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
i like how it shows the number of views on each panel and the percentage of wrong/right answers. you can figure out how many readers took the test and what the average score was.

of course bear in mind that the worst language offenders are not likely to read DL online.

Actually, I did not observe that. I would have to do the test again to see how others performed. You are right in general, people with poor reading and language skills are not the ones that find these types of exercises remotely interesting. It's sad in a way. Being able to speak well and having a good command of language is such a privilege in my opinion. However, many don't see it that way.

-MP.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I got 15 too. Some people are picking the wrong option for fun, or by accident - that would explain the 1% who got the helicopter one wrong. I would hope.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Actually, I did not observe that. I would have to do the test again to see how others performed.

the info is at the very bottom of each panel. right now when i open the link it says "3k votos". you can replay the test and with every answer there is a line indicating the percentage of people who picked each option.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
14/15, but the test was too easy. I had escampando / acampando wrong, never used that word, would only know what t means because of context.