Walk through the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Thanks Frank, real nice video. Living in Santo Domingo sometimes one tends to focus on the negative, traffic, etc... But then when you see a video like this it reminds you of all the really good things about Santo Domingo.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
The young man playing the violin at the end of the video can be seen and heard playing for donations every night somewhere on Calle El Conde.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if that's a national ditty they're playing. I seem to hear the same tune everytime I disembarq PUJ

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Ithink it is about Argentina ''don't cry for me Argentina'' but could be wrong.... love music but tone deaf.
But great anyway.
Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks Frank, I go there with Esposa all the time. Hotel Conde Penalba right on the corner and in the thick of it.
Russell

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Nice video,,,, a little too much time spent on the music part and the pictures flash by too quickly but other than that not bad for one day of shooting.

Just my opinion but it would take a week of taking photographs to really capture what la zona colonial is really like. This video barely scratched the surface.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Nice video,,,, a little too much time spent on the music part and the pictures flash by too quickly but other than that not bad for one day of shooting.

Just my opinion but it would take a week of taking photographs to really capture what la zona colonial is really like. This video barely scratched the surface.

You're absolutely right. Luckily, i have enough photos to do it justice. Maybe i will put another video together. until then, here is another colonial Zone video i shot a few years back:

[video=youtube;PTjSj95B02g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTjSj95B02g[/video]

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You're absolutely right. Luckily, i have enough photos to do it justice. Maybe i will put another video together. until then, here is another colonial Zone video i shot a few years back:

[video=youtube;PTjSj95B02g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTjSj95B02g[/video]

Less than thirty seconds into the video i was saying much, much better. I like this one........ a LOT