Need Info on Fishing in La Romana

Lupita

Jan 28, 2018
Hi Everyone - I want to know what options there are for fishing in la Romana - Either Casa de Campo or Bayahibe.

It can be offshore, inshore, reef, flats, shore fishing, or lake/lagoon fishing.

We want to know what to expect, whether we should pack our fly fishing gear or not.

Not sure when we will be there, but considering mostly the spring.

Thank you!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I can't answer your questions, but as a fisherman, I once had hopes of fishing in the DR. Bring plenty of pesos.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I can't answer your questions, but as a fisherman, I once had hopes of fishing in the DR. Bring plenty of pesos.

So did I........... once thought with all this water i could eat fresh fish that i caught everyday ......... needless to say never happened and ain't never gonna happen

Lupita

Jan 28, 2018
Cool, Ifalsa! Thanks for the tip! have you been there? What kind of fish do they catch? Is it fly fishing?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Consider a trip to Cap Cana and fish with DR1's Mike Fisher.

jtom343

Nov 8, 2017
I believe he's referring to Boca de Chavon. The fishermen there from what I know use rickety boats to go deep into the Ocean. I've bought fish from them before when exploring the area. I would definitely recommend something like a Jeep to get into the area. Not recommended for tiny cars.

Cool, Ifalsa! Thanks for the tip! have you been there? What kind of fish do they catch? Is it fly fishing?

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
I will let you in on a little secret..best shore fishing on the south for us is in cumayasa...for some reason we always catch alot of fish there.
spearfishing...guayacanes,juan dolio,isla saona
go to boca chica beach at 1am with your mosquito net to catch your camarrones and off to fish.