Home Insurance Coverage

Stevehamilton

Jan 25, 2018
I want to know about home insurance, can we claim repair and maintenance in property insurance? for example i want to repair my drainage system so can i ask my insurance company for that?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I want to know about home insurance, can we claim repair and maintenance in property insurance? for example i want to repair my drainage system so can i ask my insurance company for that?

I doubt it. Home insurance generally does not cover repairs of this nature. Are you in the Dominican Republic?

Jan 7, 2016
If you drainage system was damaged by storm, natural disaster, then your insurance may cover some or all the expense of having the repairs made. If it's just normal wear-and-tear, they won't pay a cent. They'll probably want to send-out their own adjuster to look at the damage to see if it meets their criteria for payment.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If your not insured now the answer would be no it is not covered. Insurance companies do not cover preexisting conditions or repairs to normal maintenance and wear and tear. I believe that's pretty standard no matter where you live.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Be careful -- my neighbor learned the hard way.

The deductible is a claculated amount based on 'whatever'...
it does not calculate in your favor.

Better to go bareback...self insure IMO

I do...