Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long empty beach - is it safe to move away from resort?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long empty beach - is it safe to move away from resort?

Soon me and my wife will be staying in Bavaro. We have a romantic plan to make o long walk from resort to Macao Beach along beautiful beach which seems to be empty basing on pictures of this area I found on the Internet and the satellite view.

And tthe question - is it safe go from Bavaro to Macao Beach...? In case of some assault we would be helpless. I heard that Punta Cana is in general safe place, but 5 kilometers of empty beach might be temping for locals to wait for "lost" tourists. I wouldn't like to misjudge DR's society, but you know in each country and city there are dome black sheep.

Thank for answers!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that exact area, but my general rule for the DR is go where you like - just don't carry anything worth stealing, or more money than you need.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do it. There's a long stretch of undeveloped land to the east of Macao (I'm assuming you're staying to the east of Macao) where you may or may not meet up with anyone although I know some excursions occasionally go through here. Also, just before Macao beach there's a elevated area with a cliff that you won't be able to cross so you won't make it to Macao beach. If you go on Google maps and rotate the view from the ocean in 3D you can sort of see it. If you do decide to do it, I wouldn't recommend carrying a camera or anything that could be perceived of as valuable. Macao beach though is worth visiting and a great spot for beautiful pictures.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Caution against doing it. However, if you do, advise resort staff of your venture and provide them an estimated time of return so they can check on you. Best to travel with a group, safety in numbers.

Regards,

PJT

Post Thanks / Like

Are you suggeting it is not safe to do such walk from Bavaro to Macao Beach..?

And how about passing such path?

goo.gl/maps/EXDL87Gi8vL2 (paste to adres bar)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePL View Post

I would not feel safe walking on that stretch of beach and I've lived here over 20 years. But that's me, others might not have issues. That path you've marked is on a private property, you won't be permitted to pass.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePL View Post

That would be one looong assed walk.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Long walk and brutal when in the sun. Plus isolated. I wouldn't do it.

9. Likes debinatore liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Any google links on where one can park a rental car to get to Macao beach?
    I have been there once on an excursion and would like to go back and not have to pay some rip-off-artist.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by healimonster View Post
    Any google links on where one can park a rental car to get to Macao beach?
    I have been there once on an excursion and would like to go back and not have to pay some rip-off-artist.
    You can park pretty much anywhere on the road that follows the beach. I usually park right at the beginning by Macao Surf Camp, there's always people around and have never seen any "parking attendants".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast