Saludos/greetings

endi

Jan 31, 2018
Hello, everyone, I hope that you guys are all having a blessed day and new year. I am new to the site and would like to formally introduce myself as a Dominican migrant who had the pleasure leaving the island at the age of 8. From early on this priviledge allowed for me to understand that I possessed a distinct perspective to my family and friends who I left behing as well as my classmates who I met in NY. I am currently a 4th year psychology student at the City College of New York and this distinct perspective has led me to pursuing a career and entrepenurship initiative in Information Technology. Stateside this initiative is a net neutrality effort that aims at gauging the psychographic influence of the digital environments of today on the development of personality traits and characteristics. I have access to scholarly works which explain how media or information consumption severly influences personality and psychographic attributes such as lifestyle, interests, attitudes and values so please feel free to ask any questions or for access to the material.

In Latin America, my initiative is to enhance the information technology experience of the region through commerce. Most people in the region experience a second hand expereince as not everyone can afford a computer or monthly data plans. My vision is to create an E-commerce marketplace such as alibaba, ebay or amazon where merchants from Latin America and migrants from the region engage in future remittance sending situations. In 2016 Latin Americans sent nearly 60 billion into the region that really can't be tracked or noticed in the economic development of the region because of the current definition. Currently Economists define remittances as cash or currency tranfers therefore when cash enters the region it is used for products and services like transportation or rent which ultimatily leads to the money stagnating in the hands of the wealthy. Migrants then look to satisfy other needs for their loved ones by shipping goods into the region which actually diminish the consumption of products already present in the market as explained by the post that brought me into this site the process of doing so is oudated and inefficient.

This has already been a long introduction so ill leave at that please feel free to reach out. Peace and thanks.