Italian Slain in Santo Domingo

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing in dominican press yet but i will keep an eye on the story.

great to hear from you again.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I haven't seen anything about this here in the Capitol yet. Usually when something happens to a foreigner it's the first thing they broadcast. Interesting

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe fake news. lots of stuff goes unreported here but a murder of a foreigner usually makes it front page of the local media. italian articles all seem to repeat the same few paragraphs citing victim's niece FB as a source...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would doubt his niece would be posting fake news about her uncle ? Sure seem to be a lot of Italians being killed of late in the DR. One in Boca Chica and another in Montechristi.

One question is he was living in Santo Domingo but he was here to grown mangos and coffee - Did he have a farm near SD ?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Not in Santo Domingo...

One question is he was living in Santo Domingo but he was here to grown mangos and coffee - Did he have a farm near SD ?
Many foreigners call the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo...:alien:
In fact, Vittorio Giuzzi lived near the Haitian border east of Hondo Valle in the Elías Piña province.

Ciao
donP

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I'm so confused was he murdered in Santo Domingo or near the Haitian border? Maybe that explains why it wasn't mentioned in the news

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
maybe fake news. lots of stuff goes unreported here but a murder of a foreigner usually makes it front page of the local media. italian articles all seem to repeat the same few paragraphs citing victim's niece FB as a source...

Not sure if it's fake, but the police vehicles in the video are not from here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
in what video?

The video in the article in the first post of the thread.

In one of the other articles, it said he had grown tired of dealing with life in Santo Domingo and had moved into the country.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not sure if it's fake, but the police vehicles in the video are not from here.
The Santo Domingo shot and the police car were just filler footage. They must have found them online but didn't bother to get actual Dominican police vehicles.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
(ANSA) - Rome, February 5 - Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested a local man suspected of killing Italian Vittorio Giuzzi at his home in Santo Domingo on the night between January 31 and February 1, the foreign ministry in Rome has confirmed.
Giuzzi, a 76-year-old from Montichiari, near Brescia, had lived in Santo Domingo for 15 years. The arrested man has reportedly confessed to the murder, but had not explained the motive.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/gen...der_052e5f75-e648-4093-a795-186c66fbbda1.html