Tony Romo to play in Punta Cana golf tournament

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
He will bring out a lot of fans to the tournament and some attention for Punta Cana as a destination to bring your golf clubs for a boys too vacation while the wife lounges on the beaches

May 5, 2007

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Aside from the chit-chat gossip of a former footballer participating, the event itself will be held at the Corales Golf Course. In my opinion, this is the more important detail. Let's see how he, and others fare against "The Devil’s Elbow".

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I repeat - Jay Sigel --- with whom I have played
He did well enough on the Senior's Tour.

Marucci - another PHL boy , and Tiger Woods last amateur victim, never fell for that ... amateur to this day.

Most of those tour guys are not so good.... you & I know the big names - many - too many- flop or just survive.

It's brutal.....

Romo's a trained athlete and competitor.. read what Spieth said about him -- skilled

I have seen a hockey player miss a putt and get angry as we do....
He threw the ball in the air and swung at it with putter - in anger

Unlike me - he slugged it a hundred yards or so....fantastic hand/eye.

we'll see what happens this weekend- I'm just saying

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Jay Sigel -- in slowmo.... hehe

Professional golf[edit]
Sigel turned professional when he reached the age of 50. He joined the Senior PGA Tour in 1994 and won Rookie of the Year honors, when he earned 14 top-10 finishes and secured his first victory at the GTE West Classic. For the next five seasons, he finished in the top-31 on the Senior Tour money list. He won eight events; the last was the 2003 Bayer Advantage Celebrity Pro-Am. In the 2004 Champions Tour season, Sigel finished in the money in all 28 tournaments that he entered and had six top-10 finishes. During the 2005 campaign his best finish was 5th at the Turtle Bay Championship. He has career earnings of over $9 million. Since joining the Champions Tour in 1994, Sigel has been sponsored by global management consulting and technology services company Accenture

========================================

and I don't recall him being as low as +3... I might be wrong....
But +3 is loooow

Many of the young'uns on tour aren't that good.....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Come on guys. DR related posts only!!  You’re making our job difficult today

A&E - We are talking about some of the players announcing for the Corales Punta Cana Championship and what some of the more known pros, like Jordon Spieth are saying about them, such as Tony Romo, whose trying to reansition from football to pro golf. Most of the players in this upcoming tournament are not house hold names, and many have not yet been announced. So it we are trying to build interest the tournament (This one is big for DR).
https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/corales-puntacana-resort-club-championship.html

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If we only list the RD golfers -----

What will the list be ????

Where is this tournament ?
Cane we talk about the winner if he's from Belgium ??

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please keep it DR related.

Feel free to open a more general golf discussion in Off Topic.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I found out there is a Dominican Republic Golf Hall of Fame..........crickets. The only name I recognize in it is Pete Dye .

This Corales event in the Dominican Republic is going to be shown live on The Golf Channel.
Maybe once the field is announced for the Punta Cana event it will generate more interest.

Then we will be able to have more in depth discussion some of the players in this actual PGA tour event coming to La Republica Dominicana.

Some are questioning if this appearance of Tony Romo in Punta Cana is a stunt and how it elevates this event in the Dominican Republic.

And does he qualify since his handicap is + 0.3 of a point from an actual PGA event qualification score, and whether this might just be a promotion for this Dominican tournament . http://www.golfchannel.com/video/romos-pga-tour-event-exemption-stunt-or-serious/

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This discussion - it can be argued- creates interest in , albeit just our little group, the event.

It is ALL RD related -- IMO-- humble as it may be

Pete Dye...
when I asked him what he considered his greatest achievement was - replied

The Teeth of the Dog course in Dom Republic....

Shocked , I furthered with 'Why' ?
Because it created 100+ permanent jobs in a country that needs it.. !!!

How's that for RD content.???

The occasion was the Pine Valley Member Guest event where he was playing with the President of that club - O. Gordon Brewer (look him up)
We were [aired together for the round.

Dye's wife has an Olympic medal in golf - !! go figure
and Brewer allowed her to play any time she wanted at Pine Valley...
Normally, women are allocated to Sunday afternoons... a very slow time

Jack Nicklaus' wife sat in the car at the gate - outside- while he played a round on his honeymoon

Tough place for rules there....

Punta Cana should bask in the tournament... it's televised
And Romo is no stunt ... but I'm sure they know his audience appeal...

Watch the cameras when Woods plays... even when he plays badly...

Ratings are ratings....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't seem to substantiate the 'Olympic Medal' bit.... but it was told to me.

Sorry....
anyway - she has won 50 tournaments or something
She's accomplished.... very