Taxi driver from Santiago Airport

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
A friend of mine is taking the early morning flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago route on Spirit and arriving about 3 am. Does anyone have the name and number of someone reliable to taxi him to the hotel he has booked in downtown Santiago? Thanks!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Why not just take one of the airport taxis? I doubt Uber would be available at that hour.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Uber probably will be available when your friend arrives.
Whether or not an Uber driver is going to want to fight
with taxi drivers at the airport at 3am in the morning over
the fare is a different story.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I have always used Emmi Taxi Service in Santiago. You can arrange a pickup and tell them where you are going, and they will tell you the amount. They use WhatsApp at 809-581-3000....all their taxis are clean, and the driver will meet you outside the arrival door with your name. Just give them what time you will exit the arrival hall, and you can type the info in spanish or english. The cost for airport to city centre, 600 - 650 pesos or US$15 should be the max with tip included. Also all drivers are registered, so waiting for anyone at the airport is not a issue. Just ask the service what is the drivers name so there is no question your friend is with the right driver.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
I have always used Emmi Taxi Service in Santiago. You can arrange a pickup and tell them where you are going, and they will tell you the amount. They use WhatsApp at 809-581-3000....all their taxis are clean, and the driver will meet you outside the arrival door with your name. Just give them what time you will exit the arrival hall, and you can type the info in spanish or english. The cost for airport to city centre, 600 - 650 pesos or US$15 should be the max with tip included.
The whatsapp account is closed.

But...they do have an app. Look it up on Google Play, emitaxi app

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2014
Thanks, I used their service several months ago. Will also check with my Santiago contacts what is the new number.
The number is the same. Just the whatsapp.feature is gone.
I usually call them.when I clear the airport security with my luggage and they tell u the color.of the car and thats that.
I tried using the app last month and it was odd to me so I just phoned them.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I have always used Emmi Taxi Service in Santiago. You can arrange a pickup and tell them where you are going, and they will tell you the amount. They use WhatsApp at 809-581-3000....all their taxis are clean, and the driver will meet you outside the arrival door with your name. Just give them what time you will exit the arrival hall, and you can type the info in spanish or english. The cost for airport to city centre, 600 - 650 pesos or US$15 should be the max with tip included. Also all drivers are registered, so waiting for anyone at the airport is not a issue. Just ask the service what is the drivers name so there is no question your friend is with the right driver.

That's the one I use as well... Good People.
They are Honest , and run CLEAN Cars.

Daytime, I used to walk to the far Left, and strike up a convo with a Taxi dropping off like we know each other.
win win.. for both.
But at that time of the night, its not worth it ... you want to be out of there fast, before someone sizes you up..

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I guess they are competing with Uber and their app when needing a taxi. I found the whatsapp so easy to arrange no matter where you were. Also, you were actually communicating with a person on the other end.

A friend of mine is taking the early morning flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago route on Spirit and arriving about 3 am. Does anyone have the name and number of someone reliable to taxi him to the hotel he has booked in downtown Santiago? Thanks!

I have a very good friend, he speaks English perfectly and will be there promptly and his rates are very fair, If you have whats app you can communicate with him ahead of time and get the prices all straightened out and times of flights. Tell him your a friend of mine(Patrick) and he will take great care of you or your friends 809-609-3861