problems at Encuentro beach

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Something seems to have kicked off tonight.  Plenty of gunfire and flashes of blue and red lights down on the beach.

It's been going on for a couple of hours now.  Sounds mainly like pistol and shotgun shots.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I drove down there this morning. It appears like business as usual. All the surf shacks are still there and plenty of people around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is the second time in the past few years that something like this has happened. This appears to be an attempt to claim that land as private by the person mentioned in the link in post #4.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[video=youtube;TmGYK9FdzAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmGYK9FdzAQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Was that big a$$$$@d Dom' nut case involved?. i cant think of his name. he had a business down there and is always involved in all sorts of crazy $$h!!!t. someone needs to look into him

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Was that big a$$$$@d Dom' nut case involved?. i cant think of his name. he had a business down there and is always involved in all sorts of crazy $$h!!!t. someone needs to look into him

People have jumped to the conclusion that he is involved again. So far I have seen no confirmation on that, but rather the name of a different person mentioned above on the Detras Del Rumour site.

expatinwind

Feb 28, 2018
Eviction of the squatter at encuentro

what's the latest on the authorities evicting Arismendi, the guy who rents land he doesnt own to the surf schools? there was a thread on here a while ago about it, havent heard anything. its wierd people defend him like hes good for anyone, but hes a leech that lives off others who try to run businesses. but its obvious people are scared of him!

if that guy can finally be gotten rid of then there will probably be some positive things happening down there. my friends wont go there any more as they got caught down there twice when there were gunshots in the past.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This begs the question: How do you evict someone that isn't really there and just charges other people rent for land that is not his? And those renters actually have no right to be there either?

It is a very odd situation. One of those "Only in the DR" things.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
what's the latest on the authorities evicting Arismendi, the guy who rents land he doesnt own to the surf schools? there was a thread on here a while ago about it, havent heard anything. its wierd people defend him like hes good for anyone, but hes a leech that lives off others who try to run businesses. but its obvious people are scared of him!

if that guy can finally be gotten rid of then there will probably be some positive things happening down there. my friends wont go there any more as they got caught down there twice when there were gunshots in the past.

Is that true that he charges or extorts money from the surf shacks?

There's so much I could say about that guy, but not in an open forum.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
This begs the question: How do you evict someone that isn't really there and just charges other people rent for land that is not his? And those renters actually have no right to be there either?

It is a very odd situation. One of those "Only in the DR" things.

That’s messed up! Was he actually charging rent for public land?