Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BUSINESS IDEA FOR SANTO DOMINGO!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Oh I know about the RICH crowd...

Laundry is beneath them - IMO... too pedestrian

Pedestrian is what we need

Any retail, needs a location....

As to your headline...
    I live in Cabrera on the North Coast

I overlook the oldest lighthouse in the New World

Many of those 'Ricos' have never seen this part of their country
    That's another story which I have posted before

But there are 'underground' ricos here.... almost invisible until they stand on their stash.

I would lose a money stacking contest every time...
    I am not sure I follow this conversation anymore....(especially last 2 posts.....).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you want to be informal market, or formal market?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Do you want to be informal market, or formal market?
    Well....it honestly does not matter a whole lot........either way is fine.....but, nothing funky.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding a laundry shop, it just may assist some expatriates in wearing clean, pressed clothes out to dinner for a change. What a novel idea. For an added clientele, I do not know of too many doctors, lawyers, and university professors who have the free time or desire to wash and iron their own clothes.

5. Likes Tarheel liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I could imagine the lot needed for this would crush the budget seeing the prices for solares en Santo Domingo...
    Lease a lot.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel01 View Post
    There are tens of thousands of locals that are so loaded with cash that you can't even imagine. But i do have to support your idea about washing and dry cleaning to 100%, There are very few and the ones that exist are extremely expensive. Only downside; you need a good location at least for the collection spot. And good locations cost a lot of money.
    I wouldn't do a retail outlet. Spendy, and parking is always an issue. Do a light industrial where pretty and parking aren't issues and have pick-up & delivery at both residences and businesses.

8. Likes bob saunders, Russell liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Lease a lot.
    ...and the owner wants it back all of a sudden once he sees the business is profitable, wanna bet?

10. Likes lifeisgreat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    ...and the owner wants it back all of a sudden once he sees the business is profitable, wanna bet?
    The tenant laws of the DR largely prevent this, especially if you structure an iron-clad lease.

It is very common in the states to have a land lease for 20 or 30 years. Often hotel chains do precisely this for the same reason I suggest: preservation of capital. Fact is you'd depreciate the building to zero in 10-15 years anyway.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Regarding a laundry shop, it just may assist some expatriates in wearing clean, pressed clothes out to dinner for a change. What a novel idea. For an added clientele, I do not know of too many doctors, lawyers, and university professors who have the free time or desire to wash and iron their own clothes.
    Most of them take them to the dry cleaners, and those are all over the place.

A place where they wash and press clothes would do pretty well IMHO, but only if the price is right.

Another thing I think would do well here is pincho stands. 4-5 chunks of BBQ pork with a piece of bread on the top for 100 pesos.

One wouldn't be worth it, but have a bunch of them spread all over the city at night near discos and night spots and you'd make money.

They're a national treasure in PR.

13. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    They'll probably have maids to do it for them.

15. Likes JDJones liked this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast