Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alameda Santo Domingo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alameda Santo Domingo

Hi,

has anybody insights about Alameda, Santo Domingo? Any opinion welcome.

Lots of (big) houses for sale (recently?)...

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

When the money leaves is that a sign?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    When the money leaves is that a sign?
    Is big houses for sale a sign of money leaving, or arriving?

4. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Hi,

has anybody insights about Alameda, Santo Domingo? Any opinion welcome.

Lots of (big) houses for sale (recently?)...
    Did you ever end up taking a look at Colinas del Oeste? Prolongacion 27 Feb behind the new Bravo?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Did you ever end up taking a look at Colinas del Oeste? Prolongacion 27 Feb behind the new Bravo?
    Not yet, will check soon.

7. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet, will check soon.
    I'd be surprised if you looked anywhere else after you see it. Designed to gringo standards.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I'd be surprised if you looked anywhere else after you see it. Designed to gringo standards.
    What I do not like too much is too many big barrios too close by...

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What I do not like too much is too many big barrios too close by...
    You don't belong in Santo Domingo then. There isn't an area we can afford without barrios close by.

That's why good security is a must. Colinas is closed access with a armed security gate, and security motor cycles and vans patrol at night.

Don't look at it on google maps, go there and look at the place.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing perfectly fine in SD, thank you.

I am not that much concerned about security. I am living in the DR since 20 years and know my way around mostly.

There are many other reasons I would like to stay away as far as possible from barrios (noise (!!!), "production of mosquitos", motos etc., vendedores ambulantes (I hate this a**hole (no pun) selling toilet paper - "hay papeles" - that walks the nearby barrio (Manganagua - we live one corner from the "border" to it in Los Restauradores) here every afternoon for example ).

I am perfectly fine with the rented PH we live in. I am planning ahead, we want to buy in the future and when I buy it has to be as much as close to perfect as possible for us and that means as far away from any barrio but as close to the center as possible.

I know it is not an easy task.

13. Likes JDJones, Russell liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing perfectly fine in SD, thank you.

I am not that much concerned about security. I am living in the DR since 20 years and know my way around mostly.

There are many other reasons I would like to stay away as far as possible from barrios (noise (!!!), "production of mosquitos", motos etc., vendedores ambulantes (I hate this a**hole (no pun) selling toilet paper - "hay papeles" - that walks the nearby barrio (Manganagua - we live one corner from the "border" to it in Los Restauradores) here every afternoon for example ).

I am perfectly fine with the rented PH we live in. I am planning ahead, we want to buy in the future and when I buy it has to be as much as close to perfect as possible for us and that means as far away from any barrio but as close to the center as possible.

I know it is not an easy task.
    it may be difficult to buy anything in Colinas. Most were sold before they were built, due to the quality of construction and quality of life we enjoy there.

it's a quiet residential area with no colmados, vendors, mosquitoes, motorcycles, etc. The outside colmado delivery motorcycles have to be quiet in order to enter or the guards don't let them in.

But if I were looking to buy, I'd want something high with a good generator and elevators too.

Edit: As nice as it is, I'm planning on moving. I'm not too keen on buying (but not ruled out) and I know I can find something a little closer to my work for much less than half of what I pay now for rent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast