Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican Woman: "Venezuelans are a plague here, leave!!!"

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayinRD View Post
    OK, You got me. I just changed my tune on US military intervention in Venezuela. It wouldn't work, way too costly, much too hard. I just read a brilliant article in Gatestone detailing the massive involvement of Cuban, Russian, Iranian and Hezbollah military forces propping up and making up much of that fascist dictator's military and secret police. Much of it financed by China, leveraging off future oil revenue. There are up to a million Syrian expats in Venezuela many intimately in the govt. police state, like the current Venezuelan VP Tareck El Aissami. No way a Stalinist govt like that goes down with a limited US Military intervention. So...never mind. RIP Venezuelan people...so sad.
    No sympathy here, they deserve it for who they voted for. They had their hand out for decades and enjoyed the ride during the good times. Those with ambition and a love for freedom left a long time ago in a legal manner.

I could care less what happens to them

2. Dislikes Derfish disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    good people where? on what grounds do you believe that the US should intervene militarily in Venezuela? i consider myself to be a good person, and i do not see the rationale for invading Venezuela..

do you believe they should intervene in Myanmar? did you believe there should have been military intervention in Rwanda? when exactly, and why, should America send soldiers into another country? should it be unilateral? should it be in conjunction with other countries? should it be at the behest of the UN, or other international bodies?

just would like a little clarification, is all...
    I dont see this current administration bogging themselves down in another bad war. We are building our military and maintaining an insular perspective. I dont see what we would gain by invading a 3rd world country with terrible work ethics and awful foreign influence.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    I dont see this current administration bogging themselves down in another bad war. We are building our military and maintaining an insular perspective.
    I would have stopped there. Much of the world would welcome the US taking a more introspective approach for the next 3 or 7 years.

Until Dominicans can travel as extensively as others, they can be allowed a certain amount of latitude in their international views towards the people of other nations due to ignorance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Bad experiment

This so-called "Experiment", in my opinion, was done in poor taste and in the wrong country. Dominicans have received Venezuelans with open arms, granting them many opportunities in the professional workforce, even at the expense of qualified Dominicans. An adequate place to have conducted this "experiment" would have been in Colombia, due to their historic conflicts and dislike for each other. Makes you wonder why the Venezuelan behind this expirement chose the DR instead of Colombia. The creator made numerous posts apologizing for the misunderstanding since anti-Dominican factions immediately took it upon themselves to edit out the portion that discloses that this was not a real incident but the damage has already been done. Thousands of ppl, including some posters here, immediately believed this was an actual incident and thus the hysteria and false accusations of racism and xenophobia against Dominicans once again become a trend.

6. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auryn View Post
    No, and I have never stated that anywhere, at any point. There is a huge difference between condoning this type of poor behavior and opposing illegal immigration. Why would you make the assumption that I believe anyone (Venezuelan, Haitian, or otherwise) should be allowed live and work illegally because of my response to the video? I have said that humanity can do better than resorting to public shaming of an entire group of people based on their nationality. Just to reiterate: I have not said anything about allowing illegal immigration. There are better, more productive, mature, and diplomatic ways to deal with these issues. Yelling at somebody in a public park is stupid and childish.

And for the record, I understand that this scenario may have been staged in this case. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    I did not make an assumption, I asked you for your opinion. There is a difference. I fully agree with you that yelling at somebody is stupid and childish, not only in public parks.

8. Likes Auryn liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Probably because their diet doesnt consist.of fried plantains.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk
    I guess there are no fried plantains, or fried anything on the menu within your diet. Feel free to post a photo. Show us how you do it. Then again.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    I guess there are no fried plantains, or fried anything on the menu within your diet. Feel free to post a photo. Show us how you do it. Then again.....
    Nope. No fried plantains in my diet. I call that dogfood... Your comment reads like an old washed up Mae West in a black and white John Wayne movie. "Come here big spender. Dont you want to catch syphillis tonite?" (Psst. It sounds abit homo-erotick-y, a bit, wee bit)

Anyway, the Venezuelie chick had a derriere like Peter Cottontail...so soft, so soft, ah so nice.

Self portait from my series of self help dvds "PimpOnomics for the 21st Century

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

11. Dislikes jenmar237 disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone is complaining about the Venezuelan monies put up for Agora or Sambil, plus I believe that Center with Segafredo on Lope de Vega was Venezuelan as well.
    When recently in Colombia (full of Venezuelans) I had a few beers with a young lady from Maracaibo. She said in the elections a lot of people she knew were going to write in Donald Trump's name. I have had Venezuelans tell me they would like Trump to free the country of Maduro. Frankly, my opinion being from the states is that we have sent our armies into enough foreign lands, often times only to make rich people richer, i.e. Vietnam - LBJ and wife made a fortune off of their Bell Helicopter holdings and they started that war over a lie (Gulf of Tonkin) only to kill 53,000 U.S. kids and millions of Vietnamese. Halliburton and Cheney did ok for themselves in Iraq (look at that country now). Don't get me started on what Obama and Hillary did to the country of Libya.

13. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Very possible. There's nothing quite like stirring up a good racist narrative.
    I don't think "Venezuelan" is a race......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    I don't think "Venezuelan" is a race......
    It is 2018. Little detailed items as such do not matter any longer.....to some.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast