Santiago 911 Response

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, Yesterday a lady who lives in my Residencia in Embrujo III collapsed passed out on the steps. 911 call had a response time of about 15 minutes with two Police Officers on motorcycles and an apparently fully equipped ambulance. They appeared to know what they were doing. Lady refused going to the hospital. Apparently related to diabetes. FYI

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Good Morning, Yesterday a lady who lives in my Residencia in Embrujo III collapsed passed out on the steps. 911 call had a response time of about 15 minutes with two Police Officers on motorcycles and an apparently fully equipped ambulance. They appeared to know what they were doing. Lady refused going to the hospital. Apparently related to diabetes. FYI

Good response time and nice to hear they were competent.
Diabetes here in RD is a plague and people should be more careful of diet and these events will not happen.
Love the response and Professionalism.
Russell

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Unfortunately, 1½ weeks ago, my sister-in-law did not have the same experience.

She tried calling 911, got no response.
Came running over to my house crying.

Her mother was having a medical emergency, screaming in pain with every breath, shaking violently all over.

I immediately rushed them by car to Clínica Corominas.
Mother-in-law is okay for the time being, spent 3½ days in the clinic.

For the record, her cell phone service is with "Orange".

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's a new service with lots of room for improvement and reliability. Hopefully in time. Sometimes the service is still better than nothing.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Another 911 call. On calle 43 a motoconcho tried to pass close to a car which had swerved to avoid a pothole. I witnessed this the guy and his bike ended up about 10 feet from me. He was bleeding from several places. 911 response about 10 minutes Cops on motos and ambulance.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Got woke up last night about 11pm.
Ambulance and police truck with sirens blasting.

We live at the top of a hill with roads from two directions (A circle).

After the 2nd round trip by the emergency vehicles they stayed stopped at an intersection down below for 5 minutes or more.

Then a 3rd trip up the hill and down the other side.

Response to where they were neeeded was excellent, just with the poor naming of roads and no standard to house numbers, they were having problems finding the location they needed to get to.

I can only guess that they finally made it to the people needing help.

The 911 system is great, but lot´s of work needs to be done on eliminating so many duplicate street names and mixed up order of house numbers.

When we moved here my wife picked our house number, she chose my age at the time as the number. We were the 1st house here. Years later I found out a neighbor put the same number on his house (What are the odds?). I had him change to a different number. No rhyme, sequence or reason on how house numbers are chosen here.