Thread: Santiago 911 Response

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santiago 911 Response

Good Morning, Yesterday a lady who lives in my Residencia in Embrujo III collapsed passed out on the steps. 911 call had a response time of about 15 minutes with two Police Officers on motorcycles and an apparently fully equipped ambulance. They appeared to know what they were doing. Lady refused going to the hospital. Apparently related to diabetes. FYI

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagueroRD View Post
    Good Morning, Yesterday a lady who lives in my Residencia in Embrujo III collapsed passed out on the steps. 911 call had a response time of about 15 minutes with two Police Officers on motorcycles and an apparently fully equipped ambulance. They appeared to know what they were doing. Lady refused going to the hospital. Apparently related to diabetes. FYI
    Good response time and nice to hear they were competent.
    Diabetes here in RD is a plague and people should be more careful of diet and these events will not happen.
    Love the response and Professionalism.
    Russell

Moderator - Central Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, 1½ weeks ago, my sister-in-law did not have the same experience.

She tried calling 911, got no response.
    Came running over to my house crying.

Her mother was having a medical emergency, screaming in pain with every breath, shaking violently all over.

I immediately rushed them by car to Clínica Corominas.
    Mother-in-law is okay for the time being, spent 3½ days in the clinic.

For the record, her cell phone service is with "Orange".
    The Clown Bin / Central

Be Serious

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a new service with lots of room for improvement and reliability. Hopefully in time. Sometimes the service is still better than nothing.

5. Likes JasonD liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What country help the DR with the set up?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Another 911 call. On calle 43 a motoconcho tried to pass close to a car which had swerved to avoid a pothole. I witnessed this the guy and his bike ended up about 10 feet from me. He was bleeding from several places. 911 response about 10 minutes Cops on motos and ambulance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    What country help the DR with the set up?
    united states of america and taiwan

Moderator - Central Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Got woke up last night about 11pm.
    Ambulance and police truck with sirens blasting.

We live at the top of a hill with roads from two directions (A circle).

After the 2nd round trip by the emergency vehicles they stayed stopped at an intersection down below for 5 minutes or more.

Then a 3rd trip up the hill and down the other side.

Response to where they were neeeded was excellent, just with the poor naming of roads and no standard to house numbers, they were having problems finding the location they needed to get to.

I can only guess that they finally made it to the people needing help.

The 911 system is great, but lot´s of work needs to be done on eliminating so many duplicate street names and mixed up order of house numbers.

When we moved here my wife picked our house number, she chose my age at the time as the number. We were the 1st house here. Years later I found out a neighbor put the same number on his house (What are the odds?). I had him change to a different number. No rhyme, sequence or reason on how house numbers are chosen here.
    The Clown Bin / Central

Be Serious